AdviceHome Improvement

Closing Off Window in Metal Door

I have a metal door that has a window in the middle of it and I don't know how to close off that window. What would be your advice on it?

By guest client (Guest Post)

You have several options for the window. If you want to hang a curtain over the window, Walmart sells magnetic curtain rods so you wouldn't have to drill into the door. You could put a strip of velcro at the top of the window, and put another strip on the curtain and hang it that way. If the window is inset you could use a spring rod.

If you want to spend a little money, home improvement stores have a "window" with built-in blinds that screws over your window using pre-existing window screws & holes. I have them and I love them because I have privacy, can adjust the height of the shade or the amount of light and I don't have to dust the blinds.

You could also put tint film over the window, depending on your lighting and privacy needs.

Hope these help.

By guest client (Guest Post)

You can use a spring-loaded curtain rod so that you won't have to drill any holes into your door. To keep the curtain from flapping, attach small magnets to the bottom corners of the curtain and they will stick to your door.