Attaching a Curtain Rod to a Metal Door?

Category Curtains
Attaching a curtain rod to a metal door is quite a different job than when working with a wood or composition one. This is a page about attaching a curtain rod to a metal door.


Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question. Staff
October 20, 2000

We've just installed a beautiful new kitchen door. The old door was wood, but my new one is metal. Any suggestions for mounting a curtain rod? I'd rather not drill holes for screws if I can help it because then I'm limited to only one style of rod/curtain. Are there any extra strong suction cups out there that I can use? I'd appreciate any helpful hints/ideas that you can give me. Thanks so much!

Deb from Monroe, CT


November 30, 20000 found this helpful

Newell Rubbermaid makes a brass cafe curtain rod that attaches by magnet to metal doors or walls. It adjusts from 16 to 28 inches wide. You can find them at WalMart, K-Mart or Lowes in the regular curtain rod area.


Dineen - Burien, WA, KC - Austin, TX, Pat and Julia

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
November 30, 20000 found this helpful

(Recommended magnetic rods, too) To make the curtain fit and look right, you may have to get out your sewing kit and make them fit your curtain. You may have to readjust the ends of your valance or curtain to cover the magnetic part of the rod.


Reply Was this helpful? Yes
November 30, 20000 found this helpful

It seems like I recall sometime ago that they had magnetic curtain rods for what you are trying to do. If you can't find any, put your imagination to work and maybe you can make your own out of "extra strong" magnets.

Ms. Syd Barr - Dunkirk, MD

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
November 30, 20000 found this helpful

To attach a curtain to a metal door you can do one of two things. First, there are curtain rods that have magnets on them made specifically for metal doors. A second option is to cover the window itself with a new type of contact paper made for windows. I've seen them in lace like patterns. Either choice can be found at your local home store.


Christin - Silverdale, WA

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
Read More Answers

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating CurtainsMarch 5, 2013
Pest Control
Summer Ideas!
Coronavirus Tips
Back to School Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2020-08-04 16:06:47 in 2 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Add to PageAsk a Question