Shopping Store Closing Sales

Category Shopping
While it may be disappointing to see a store go out of business, there are bargains to be had during the closing sales. This is a page about shopping store closing sales.

It's sad to see so many big stores closing. I don't often visit store closings because I always thought the prices are expensive, but actually the prices are reasonable and they will only get cheaper toward the end of the closing date.

Tips I learned from this shopping experience:

• It doesn't hurt to stop by and look at store closings if you're in the area. You're not obligated to make a purchase.

• Most likely the items sold are on final sale so please, please be sure to do your research/homework before purchasing. Inspect all your items thoroughly before paying. I always research online from my phone to ensure that I am getting the best price possible! Even though the store is closing, the warranty is still valid from the manufactory.

• If the line isn't long or there's a sales associate nearby and you're interested in an item(s), be sure to ask them to scan and check the price! Shockingly everything I purchased (in the last photo) was marked a specific price, but when scanned, it was even cheaper!
What I purchased:
  • Nike girl's tank top $3.50, originally $18
  • Nike girl's shorts $3.50, originally $28
  • Nike kids' socks $3.50, originally $12
  • Nike women's hat $3.50, originally $25
  • Men's Nishiki Gloves $7, originally $20
In the second photo attached, they had that patio 6 piece set originally sold for $799.99 for $319.99. The quality of the set is durable and the cushions alone would normally be like $30-40 each!

Overall, do not feel rushed to purchase anything. If there is a large quantity of items you like/want, chances are they will be further discounted. Check back in a couple of days and ask when the store is officially closing.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

A new Super Target store unofficially opened here Wednesday (soft opening). The same day they had a wall to wall sell out of display items at the Target that was closing down. Everything that they didn't want to move to the other store was reduced. TV's were 75% off! They did not advertise this. So, remember to get your bargains at the closing store.

By aTexasDarling from Longview, TX

It's always sad to see a store close, I feel for the employees and their families. On the brighter side, you find some great deals. My local Albertsons is closing and everything is on clearance. They are also still taking coupons. The best deals right now are on party supplies and health and beauty products. I saved $105.08 on my shopping trip with the 30-60% off and my coupons. (the discount comes off of the lowest price. Some were already on clearance) Look for store closing sales and really stock up. I found everything for my son's next birthday party and the savings was 80%!

By Lisa from Lakewood

Consumer Advice ShoppingAugust 20, 2018
🎃
🌻
🎂