Product FinderConsumer Advice

Removable Glue

Does anyone know the name of the glue that is removable on paper. I received a magazine and there was an advertisement that was glued onto one of the pages. The ad was easily removed by pulling it off of the page, and when I rubbed the glue on the back, it simply rolls off. I have been trying to the longest to find out what kind of glue that is, as it would be helpful in some of my crafts. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Linda from New York City

I think this link may help you.

http://duncancr … e80-c1b99d3a92a0

It's Aleene's website, and has every glue imaginable. If you scroll down to the 3rd from the bottom, there's a glue called Tack it over-and-over. May not be exactly what you're looking for, but sounds like it may do the same thing.

Good luck.

It's called rubber cement. It comes in a brown jar with a brush attached to the inside of the lid. You can find it at any office supply store for less than $2.00.

What you're looking for may be rubber cement, but that stuff reeks!

I vaguely remember back in the Dark Ages of my childhood, they gave us stuff called mucillage (hope I spelled that right.) If rubber cement isn't quite what you need, try this stuff. It should also be in any office supply or stationery store.

I agree. It's probably rubber cement. Yes, it stinks until it dries. However, it's great. Let it dry most of the way before you use it and you'll be able to remove it again. Practice with scraps until you get the hang of it.

We used "glue dots" in production and packaging for some products and it acted pretty much like that. I expect that it is rubber cement that the glue dots were made of.