TravelTravel and Recreation

Inexpensive, Pet Friendly Weekend Getaway in NJ

I would like to go on a family vacation. Because my dog is a Pug, we really can't fly, or drive for long periods of time. I live in Central NJ and if anyone can give me advice on a weekend getaway (2 to 3 days), that is not too expensive please let me know. It is hard to find pet friendly places that don't cost a arm and a leg!

Thank you!

Kayla

You might find something of interest on this website. Just key in the state and you can find pricing for taking a pet overnight in motel/hotel. Glad you asked this question, for I've learned something I didn't know before. Thank you.

http://www.dogf  j3273300be.shtml

Was just wondering if you can ask a neighbor, good friend or relative to watch the dog while you go away, if you can separate yourself from your pug. I'm also in central NJ and have 3 dogs, we just purchased a rv so we can take the dogs with us. I can't be separated from my little dog she's like a baby to me.

Find someone you trust to care for your pet. Its only a few days. Or, perhaps the Lancaster PA area where the Amish live. I went a few years ago and loved it. Very interesting, and there are a gazillion B and B's and I'll bet some on them will accept your pet.

Ask your veterinarian for a suggestion.

Try The PAW House in Vermont. They are great. I take my Basset hounds up every year!