Dry Shampoo?

Does anyone know how I can make a simple dry shampoo? My hair is very oily and shampooing regularly is a chore and hard on my hair, I think. Thanks.
- Anjeena

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

If your hair color is blonde to medium brown, then try baby powder. I have dark hair with blonde highlights. When I don't have time to wash my hair, I lightly shake baby powder on the top of my head along where my hair part is. Then I rake my hands/fingers back and forth vigorously where the powder is to blend it in. The powder absorbs into my hair and removes the greasiness. You can barely tell there's powder in your hair, and it almost looks as if I just got a touch-up of highlights at the salon! If you think it's too noticeable, then tease your hair a bit along the part and it will hide any powder residue. Libby

I, too, have used baby powder. It works fine as long as you don't use too much.

For the sick or someone who can't wash their own hair, at Walgreens they have a product called "Shampoo in a Cap". It comes in a shower cap, you put it on your hair and massage it in. It feels really good if someone can do it for you.

You could also try cornstarch.

I've also heard cornstarch will work. My hair is so oily, I've always been afraid I would wind up with gravy!

If you can possibly find sandalwood powder anywhere, try a bit of that. It removes blackheads out of the skin, too, as a paste. And it smells great.

There is a new product by Bumble and Bumble that is hair powder that comes in several colors. I am blonde and use baby powder but my sister has dark hair and loves the dark brown powder by Bumble.

I have dark oily hair. How or what do i use to make it not get oily fast. Thanks

arrowroot starch is the best thing i have found so far. it doesnt leave you looking like you have dandruff like corn starch and baby powder do. my hair is nearly black and it still looks black when i get done using it. it absorbs completely and leaves your hair with a nice soft texture. put some in the palm of your hands and rub them together then smooth it over your hair where needed. then lightly massage it in at the crown against the grain of your hair (will give it body). then i brush it through my hair with a wide tooth comb. repeat if necessary.

Honestly, if your hair is very oily, the best thing you can do, is shampoo less. No, I'm not kidding. Shampoo strips your hair of all of it's natural oils, and in response, your scalp over produces more. I only wash my hair once a week, if not once every week and a half. And I don't get greasy hair. I have a friend whose hair was always greasy, and she stopped washing her hair daily, and it got much better. I promise, I'm not pulling your leg. If you can get past the initial extra greasiness for a few days, it gets better, and you can gradually add time between shampooing. Good Luck!

Personally I use half cornstarch and half baking soda. Baking soda absorbs odors, and cornstarch helps soaking up the oil. I put some in the palm of my hand and run my natural bristle brush over it and then brush through my hair. Works pretty well!

Easy Dry Shampoo
Dry Shampoo Recipes
Make Your Own CosmeticsJune 25, 2004
Pouring Shampoo
Uses for Shampoo
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Woman holding a lock of hair in one hand and dry shampoo powder in the other
Using Dry Shampoo
Dry Dog Shampoo Recipes
Dry Dog Shampoo Recipes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 10:38:38 AM on 10.0.1.73 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.