Health Advice For "Dirty" Spot On Arm

For about a year now I've had this problem. I make doctors appointments but I always forget. So this time I thought I could get an opinion from you guys first. My problem is that I have this dirty looking spot in the middle of my arm (where the arm bends). I've tried cleaning and scrubbing it many times but every time I do so it ends up turning into a rash and becoming very dry.

During the summer I feel very embarrassed and self-conscience wearing t-shirts. So please guys if you have any information or remedies to help me out please let me know asap. Thank you in advance and there is a picture to help you see what I mean.

Ron

I have a similar problem. Does the spot appear in the lines on the inside of the elbow?

If yes, I did have really good luck with a product by Philosophy Beauty called The Great Awakening. It comes in two parts; the first part is an orange scented grain scrub that rub gently on your face for about a minute.

The second step is the Rapid Activation Gel. Rub this over the orange grain scrub. You will probably feel a slight, pleasant warming and the gen will foam. Rub this on your face about a minute. Then rinse.

I use this on the inside of my elbow - follow the written instructions of course because I am just estimating on the time of rubbing, I don't have the actual instructions in front of me.

You can buy this at Sephora.com or buy it at one of the Sephora stores. Also, QVC.com or HSN.com carry Philosphy products too. Philosophy.com also.

I believe they call this by another name now, though. It was very expensive around $50. I have tried Oil of Olay brand two step product too, which is also supposed to be designed to do the same thing.

I like this product and it's about half the price and you could probably even find a coupon for it. However, it did not work as well as Philosophy. Philosophy showed results after one time. Olay took a few more times. So which one is the most price effective then? Hard to say.

I think anything you use that says it will break down old, dead skin should work. There are other drug store brands like Loreal, etc. who carry a similar product. If you do try another brand like these, would you mind letting me know your results?

Good luck! I hate this problem too.

I had a dirty looking spot on my thigh. It would itch and burn and tingle and was rough textured. Is this what you have? If so, try this: in a book of herbal remedies it said to put apple cider vinegar on the spot twice a day. Sounded crazy but nothing else worked so I tried it. In a few days it was going away now, three months later it is no longer visible but I will continue to use it a little while longer just to make sure. Hope this helps. Don't be so self-conscious. Other people rarely notice these things.

I had the same problem on my ankles. The doctor told me it was exema and to keep a good quality lotion on it and it has faded away. I still lotion that area more than the rest of my legs because I don't want it coming back. I use Eucerin cream, but I imagine any good moisterixer would work as well.

Where is the picture?

The reason you see a doctor (and I suggest a dermatologist) is that before you treat anything, you really should make a diagnosis.

You should probably see the doctor. It may be something quite minor, but you never know. Another thing that it could be is a fungal infection. I had this; it looked something like a brown age spot. I was given a fungal cream that gradually cleared it up.

If you don't know what it is, you can't fix it! Having had a 'dirty spot' that was an eyelash away from me going through chemo and radiation, I am screaming at you, GO to the doctor! Don't make an appointment, just GO, walk in, GO! Don't wait until Monday, just jump in there! My malignant melanoma would have killed me if I'd waited another week, and it's one of the main things that I thank God for in my life. YOU MUST get to the doctor. I can't be delicate about this, it is life threatening!

I totally agree, go to the doctor asap. Save money on your meals, save money on your clothes, but don't skimp when it comes to something that could seriously affect your health.

Hey Ron,

It's probably nothing, but please do not assume anything, get it checked out. PLEASE!! A friends daugher has a "dirty neck" ring, and it is actually a symptom of one of her many health issues

Kelly

Health & Beauty AdviceSeptember 9, 2007
Vintage Quilt
Repairing a Long Arm Quilting Machine
Woman with lightened hair on her arms.
Making Your Arm Hair Lighter
A girl with a broken arm.
Hand Washing With a Broken Arm
Fabric Couch
Repairing a Broken Arm on a Fabric Couch
🎉
🎄