Putting a Non-stick Pan in the Oven

I have a non-stick fry pan that has rubber on the handle. Is it true that if I cover the handle with foil, I can put it in the oven?

Holly from Bedford, NH

My advice: No. Unless its directions specifically states it will withstand oven use and to what temperature, use another pan. Only attempt this experiment if you're willing to throw it away afterwards.

I have put mine in the oven but not at a high temp. (400 and above)

Use heavy duty foil or double up on the least expensive.

The handle is probably not rubber, but silicone. Some of these handles can withstand normal oven heat, but it is wiser to contact the manufacturer's website and get the recommended limits for the pan. I have such a product from Kitchenaid and the handles are safe to 450 degrees. Good luck.

I found they will withstand fairly high temperatures, Problem is the handles don't seem to last as long, They start to crumble far far sooner and then you have to throw the pan out, Not worth it in my book, Buy a proper oven dish and use it, you can get the ones that will go from stove top to oven, Buy those

Non-Stick Frying Pan
Using Non-Stick Cookware
Food and Recipes Food Tips Food SafetyFebruary 12, 2007
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
frying pan birdbath
Making a Birdbath from a Frying Pan
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Peter Pan Costume
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 25, 2016 at 6:27:45 AM on in 995 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.