Killing Weeds in Flower Beds

It can be a challenge to destroy the weeds while maintaining the flowers in your garden. This guide is about killing weeds in flower beds.

Flower Beds
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

What weed killer can I use that won't kill my flowers? They are beginning flowers that have not budded yet, they are cock's combs. Please help. There are so many weeds mixed in with them and I'm afraid to pull them because I am pulling the roots of the flowers up too.

By sumdawn

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I use roofing shingles, I purchased at Lowes. After using for 2 years, still no weeds. I mean 1 or 2 weeds pop out from the outer edge of the flower beds, but its better than 1000"s.. Try it.

Sweett

Read More Answers...

How do I kill weeds in my flower and shrub beds with no harm to my plants?

By Harold P

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Pull all the weeds that are up, then spreed a product called Preen this will keep weed seeds from germinating but doesn't harm the plants that are already up and growing

Read More Answers...

How do you kill grasses in peony bushes?

By Bev

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Carefully pull the grass out by the roots and mulch well to eliminate future problems. It may be easiest, if you live in a cold area, to do this when the peony is dormant so the plant won't be disturbed. You can also dig the peony out if necessary, clean the weeds from the soil, then replant the peony. It's a lot of work, but you'll be left with a really nice flower bed next year.

I would like a recipe for a homemade weed killer for my flower garden.

By Jaci

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How to kill weeds before my annuals come up?

I am looking for a way to quickly kill weeds in my flowerbeds. I am thinking of using Quick Kill. Is that safe and does it work? I need help. Thanks.

By Theo

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Pesticides and herbicides are being linked to so many health issues.

This is my favorite. Step on and squash/break weeds, cover with mulch. That's it.

What is a homemade weed killer you can spray in your garden that won't kill the bushes and flowers?

By Laura K.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Check the extension website (find it in your telephone white pages or by Googling) for loads of good information on controlling pests and plant diseases specific to your area.

Is there a weed and grass killer that is not harmful to flowers, so that it can be used in flower beds?

By DeeDee from Amarillo, TX

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Gardening WeedsApril 25, 2013
multicolored flowerbed on a lawn
Preventing Weeds in Flower Beds
curved flower beds
Shaping Flower Beds
Hand picking weeds
Controlling Weeds Organically
Gravel Driveway
Preventing and Killing Weeds in Gravel
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 20, 2016 at 10:04:28 AM on 10.0.2.94 in 417 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.