Killing Weeds in Flower Beds

It can be a challenge to destroy the weeds while maintaining the flowers in your garden. This guide is about killing weeds in flower beds.

Flower Beds
Filter Sort

Question: Flower Safe Weed Killer

By sumdawn 2

What weed killer can I use that won't kill my flowers? They are beginning flowers that have not budded yet, they are cock's combs. Please help. There are so many weeds mixed in with them and I'm afraid to pull them because I am pulling the roots of the flowers up too.

By sumdawn

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Cindy L. 2 Flag

I use roofing shingles, I purchased at Lowes. After using for 2 years, still no weeds. I mean 1 or 2 weeds pop out from the outer edge of the flower beds, but its better than 1000"s.. Try it.

Sweett

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Herbicide for Flower and Shrub Beds

How do I kill weeds in my flower and shrub beds with no harm to my plants?

By Harold P

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By ken 1 6 Flag

Pull all the weeds that are up, then spreed a product called Preen this will keep weed seeds from germinating but doesn't harm the plants that are already up and growing

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Weeds in Peony Bushes

How do you kill grasses in peony bushes?

By Bev

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By susan 8 1,368 Flag

Carefully pull the grass out by the roots and mulch well to eliminate future problems. It may be easiest, if you live in a cold area, to do this when the peony is dormant so the plant won't be disturbed. You can also dig the peony out if necessary, clean the weeds from the soil, then replant the peony. It's a lot of work, but you'll be left with a really nice flower bed next year.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Homemade Weed Killer for Flower Garden

By Jaci C. 1

I would like a recipe for a homemade weed killer for my flower garden.

By Jaci

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Flower Girl 1 Flag

How to kill weeds before my annuals come up?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Killing Weeds in Flowerbeds

I am looking for a way to quickly kill weeds in my flowerbeds. I am thinking of using Quick Kill. Is that safe and does it work? I need help. Thanks.

By Theo

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By PENNY K 14 564 Flag

Pesticides and herbicides are being linked to so many health issues.

This is my favorite. Step on and squash/break weeds, cover with mulch. That's it.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Shrub and Flower Safe Homemade Weed Killer

What is a homemade weed killer you can spray in your garden that won't kill the bushes and flowers?

By Laura K.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Frugal Sunnie 11 1,695 Flag

Check the extension website (find it in your telephone white pages or by Googling) for loads of good information on controlling pests and plant diseases specific to your area.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Killing Weeds Without Killing Flowers

I put periwinkles in some old good dirt, but I see with different kinds of weed peeping up. How can I kill the weeds without killing the flowers?

By V from Hephzibah, GA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Weeds in Iris Bed

What can we use to kill weeds in an iris bed without harming the irises?

By Barbara from Paducah, KY

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Flower Safe Weed Killer

I have weeds that have come up. I pull them, but there are some that I can't get a hold of even after it has rained. So I wanted to know what kind of weed killer I can use that won't harm my flowers that are beginning to grow.

By KS

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Weed Killer for Flower Beds

By DeeDee 1

Is there a weed and grass killer that is not harmful to flowers, so that it can be used in flower beds?

By DeeDee from Amarillo, TX

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Gardening WeedsApril 25, 2013
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
killing weeds
Planting After Killing Weeds With Vinegar
multicolored flowerbed on a lawn
Preventing Weeds in Flower Beds
Hand picking weeds
Controlling Weeds Organically
Gravel Driveway
Preventing and Killing Weeds in Gravel
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:39:58 AM on 10.0.2.252 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestions
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings