French Bread Recipe

I would like a recipe for home made french bread.

By Ethna from Ridgefield Park, NJ

This is my favorite french bread recipe it always turns out for me, I submitted it a while back. Good luck.

2 TB yeast

2 C warm water

1 tea sugar

2 tea salt

5 c flour

1 tea cornmeal

Dissolve the yeast in the warm water and sugar then add the salt. Add the flour two cups at a time and mix.As soon as you can handle the dough turn it out on a floured surface on the remaining flour. Knead until all the flour is worked in and the dough is smooth. Let it rise until doubled. Divide the dough in half and shape into two 12" french bread shaped loaves make 4 diagonal slits in each loaf and let it raise on greased cookie sheets. Let rise until doubled again. Sprindke with cornmeal. Bake at 450' 15 to 20 minutes until golden.

The French use semolina flour and after making the cuts in the top they brush the top with egg white thinned with water. I have never made it.

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts BreadsJanuary 23, 2011
French Bread
French Bread Recipes
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
Moldy bread.
Preventing Mold on Bread
Recipes Using Stale Bread, Slice of Bread on Cutting Board
Recipes Using Stale Bread
🎄
🍂