Baking Recipes Without Eggs

There are still cakes and cookies that you can make when eggs are not allowed in your diet. This page contains baking recipes without eggs.

April 24, 2013 Flag

This is a very easy recipe.

Total Time: 20 minutes

Yield: 16 cookies

• 2 bananas
  • 1 cup oats

1. Mash the bananas and oats together. You may add a few chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or raisins, if desired.
  2. Drop by spoonfuls on a greased cookie sheet.
  3. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 15 minutes.

This recipe was from radio station Magic 98 in Madison, WI.

Love this and can't wait to make them!

I made these today and they were great. I did add 1/3 cup chocolate chips. These cookies are a great way to add fiber to your diet. I will never throw away an over ripe banana again. Thank you so much for sharing.

July 7, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about egg-free cookie cake recipe. This tasty cookie-like cake is the perfect dessert for someone cutting or reducing eggs and oils in their diet.

Egg-Free Cookie Cake

May 22, 2009 Flag

The other night I had a boxed spice cake mix but no oil or eggs. My cupboards were pretty bare. The box called for 1/3 cup oil and 3 eggs. I had some mayonnaise and used 1 cup of it, 1/2 tsp of baking powder and about a Tbsp of sugar. I baked it for the same length of time recommended on the box. The cake turned out amazingly well and I'd definitely do this again in a pinch.

By Ellavemia from Bellaire, OH

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The BEST cake ever is a plain box mix with a can of DIET soda. No eggs or oil. Just the mix and a diet soda. It turns out very moist and the options are endless. Not to mention its healthier for you. Try it, youll be amazed.

How about a orange cake mix w/ 7up or sprite?

A chocolate cake with cherry coke?

White cake with cream soda?

Endless possibilities. Cake does come out pretty dense and crumbles a bit easier, be prepared for that :)!

And, btw, mayo in brownies substituted for eggs is amazing. It dont sound too pleasant but it works wonders and there no mayo taste like in your cake.

I've been wanting to try the can of diet soda in a cake, but the trouble is I didn't have any of that either, I just had mayonnaise and ketchup in the fridge. It was great being able to use up the mayo and get a cake out of the deal and I didn't have to go hungry that night!

Some World War 2 recipes would also be egg and oil free.

Substituting mayo for the oil in a cake works because the main ingredient in mayo IS oil (plus egg, spices and lemon juice &/or vinegar).As long as the flavoring in the cake over-rides the spices in the mayo you should be ok. A little extra flour plus some baking powder could substitute for eggs in a pinch. Good for you for being resourceful!

August 2, 2007 Flag

Hi, I am a vegetarian! I don't want to use eggs in baking and other cooking because the chickens are treated horribly. I would like recipes for cakes, cookies, other desserts, scones, breads, and main courses that can be made successfully without eggs. (Of course, no meat or broth from animals either.) I do use cheese. Thanks! :)

Michelle from Bethlehem, PA

I just wanted to echo the soy flour plus water tip. I've used it in the past with success!

Hi. Go to

www.vegsource.com

they have recipes there for vegetarians and vegens.

They also have a place to buy and sell used homeschool curriculum, which is why I go to their site.

Joy

Hi I simply use a quarter cup of buttermilk for each egg used to the maximum of two eggs. In place of the water and vinegar that is used in the crazy or whacky chocolate cake I use buttermilk. The cake rises better and is lighter in texture. I have also replaced the eggs in a banana loaf and it came out light and delicious with no problems in rising. The buttermilk is however acidic so I use it mostly in recipes that have baking soda rather than baking powder. If a recipe has baking powder and baking soda I increase the baking soda a little and decrease the baking powder.

I put when baking a cake or other things like that apple sauce.... or you put 1/4 cup of oil... for 1 egg...

November 7, 2007 Flag

This recipe is simple and easy clean up.

Ingredients

Directions

Preheat oven. Mix every thing together, I use a wire whisk. Use a 8x8 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees F about 45 minutes. You can use different flavors, sometimes I use lemon, etc. The recipe is very forgiving. I usually double it.

By Fred from Lincoln Park, MI

Thanks for the recipe. It's nice to see that some men know how to cook and bake. They say that the best chefs in the world are men.

Is it one teaspoon EACH baking powder AND baking soda? please let me know, thanks! Sounds like a great, easy recipe!

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & DessertsApril 25, 2013
empty egg carton
Substitution For Eggs in Recipes
Scrambled eggs are too watery.
Watery Scrambled Eggs
Cooking eggs for a large group.
Cooking Scrambled Eggs for a Large Group
Reusing Plastic Easter Eggs
Reusing Plastic Easter Eggs
🎄