Peach Chili Sauce

This is so good! I use it as a condiment along side pork or chicken or as a sauce to bake chicken or pork in. I mix it in with canned beans (I mix kidney, butter, and black beans and a half pint of chili sauce) for a delicious side dish.

• 6 cups tomatoes, peeled and seeded, then chopped
  • 6 cups peaches, peeled, pits removed, and chopped
  • 2 cups chopped onions
  • 1 cup chopped celery
  • 1 - 2 hot peppers, to taste
  • 1 1/2 cups cider vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp. pickling spice
  • 2 tsp. salt
  • 2 cup sugar

Tie spices up in cheesecloth sack. Mix all of the ingredients except the sugar in a large pot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Skim any scum that comes to the top. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer gently, uncovered, for about an hour, until it has thickened. Add the sugar, stirring to combine. Return to a boil and skim again. Simmer for another half an hour, stirring occasionally. Remove spice bag.

Spoon into canning jars, making sure to wipe the rim thoroughly. Leave 1/2 inch head space. Process for 15 minutes for pints and half pints.

Makes about 8 cups.

By Copasetic 1 from North Royalton, OH

This sounds so good that I could probably just eat it with a spoon all by itself. I will definitely take time to add it to beans though. I don't think I'll can it although it is a great sauce to keep on hand. I will freeze it though, and use it with grilled meats.

Thanks for sharing another great recipe.

This has to be good. I don't do any canning anymore either, but I'd freeze it in portions for a meal. I can't wait to try it.

Thanks for sharing Barb. Thumbs Up!

I agree, another winner. : )

I'll bet this would work with curry added to it as well. It's a wonderful sounding sauce to begin with.

Thank you for sharing your recipe.

Food and Recipes Recipes SaucesJuly 27, 2011
Peanut Sauce Recipes, Pork satay with peanut sauce dip.
Peanut Sauce Recipes
Chopsticks Picking up Piece of Teriyaki Chicken
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce Recipes
Someone peeling a a peach.
Peeling Peaches
Peach pits and fruit on white background.
Growing Peach Trees from Pits