Easy Clean Up of Dropped Egg

As everyone well knows, it is almost impossible to clean up an egg that has dropped to the floor and broken. I heard this tip on TV once and then next time I dropped an egg I tried it and it actually worked. The tip: When you drop an egg on the floor, first pick up as much of the shell as you can, then sprinkle a generous amount of salt over the egg, totally covering it and let it set for a bit, usually ten minutes or so and then go back and wipe up with paper towel. Be sure that the egg is totally covered so as to help congeal it, otherwise you will still be left with some of the egg on the floor.

By Melody from White City, Oregon

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Rather than trying to pick up the egg mess, use a whisk broom to brush it into a dust pan. Rinse both after use and let them air dry.

The salt really does work, I have used it many times. Of course it really only works well if it is a material like a kitchen floor. It might help on the carpet, but it will not come up as neat as the kitchen floor. The real clue, is to salt it really heavy and let it sit for a few minutes.

Comment

A broken egg.
Cleaning Up a Broken Egg
Home and Garden Cleaning KitchenFebruary 6, 2007
Uses for Sweet Gum Balls
Uses for Sweet Gum Balls
Sweet Gum Balls
Buying Sweet Gum Balls
Soft Boiled Egg
Making a Soft Boiled Egg
Egg Salad
Making Egg Salad
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 13, 2016 at 11:09:42 PM on 10.0.1.136 in 389 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.