Sour Gummy Sugar Cookies

Category Sugar
This recipe was improvised in the face of a lack of chocolate chips and nuts. The result was a soft chewy sugar cookie studded with chopped up Sour Patch Kids gummies. Initial raised eye brows dropped when they came out of the oven and were quickly decimated.

These cookies are soft and chewy, studded with a bunch of sour gummies. I came up with them because we were craving cookies, but were lacking a lot of usual ingredients like chocolate chips and nuts. I can tell you that everyone's initial raised eyebrow to these cookies quickly turned into absolute delight. These did not last long in our house. I think you'll enjoy them, too.

I did not have enough butter to make the sugar cookie base the way I usually do, so I substituted one of the sticks of butter with some oil, using a total of 1 stick of butter and 1/3 cup of oil. They turned out perfect. You can omit the gummies to make a splendid sugar cookie on its own. Doesn't even need kneading and rolling.

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 15 minutes

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 30 cookies

• 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 sticks butter, softened (or 1 stick and 1/3 cup oil)
  • 1 large egg
  • 8 oz sour gummies

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
  2. Advertisement

3. In another bowl, mix together sugar, softened butter, and oil.
  4. Mix in the egg.
  5. Mix dry mixture to west mixture until completely smooth. Roughly chop up the gummie. Stir 3/4 of them into the dough. Reserve the rest for the tops after baking.
  6. Place balls of cookie dough onto cookie sheet.
  7. Advertisement

8. Depending on the size of the balls of dough you went with, bake 10-15 minutes until edges are golden.
  9. Remove from oven and immediately stud the tops of the cookies with remaining gummy candies. Allow to cool completely before serving.

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Cookies SugarMay 17, 2020
🐛
🌻
👔
🎆
😎
😷

Generated 2020-05-18 23:10:03 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️