Sugar Cookies from Leftover Buttercream Frosting
July 23, 2020
Butter has become scarce these days. I wish to make cookies, but all I have left is a small piece of butter and some leftover buttercream from my previous cake orders. I don't want to waste the frosting so I decided to make cookies out of it.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sugar (brown or white)
- 1 cup leftover buttercream frosting (approx)
- 2 Tbsp butter (approx)
- Cream together the butter, buttercream frosting, and sugar.
- Add the egg and mix well to combine.
- Gradually add the flour. Add in every mixing interval until a cookie dough consistency is achieved. You may need to add more flour if consistency is too wet, or add a small amount of milk if it looks too dry.
- Cover and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Flatten the dough on a flat surface dusted with flour.
- Cut dough into shapes and place them in a lined and greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cookie turns light brown.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.