Remedies for a Stuffy Nose

Are there any ThriftyFun readers who know of a stuffy nose remedy when in high-altitude (over 5,000 feet) for over a month?

By Abc8xyz

Best Answer

There is also a saline nasal spray that can also be bought at Walgreens or at any drugstore, I'm sure.

Walgreens.com

Drugstore.com

CVS.com

Just to name a few.

I use this spray and it has made all the difference in how I get rid of sinus infections and allergies. My stepdaughter uses a neti pot and has had great results too.

For me, the spray is more convenient. You could also try applying Vicks Vapor Rub at the bottom of your nose, NOT in or up the nostrils. There's menthol in it and it clears up the sinus passages too. Also purchased at any drugstore. I would think it is very dry where you live, so keeping the nasal passage ways moist would be important to good health for you.

You might also try heating a pan of water, NOT to boiling. Then, take a big towel and tuck your head under the towel and over the pot to make a tent. You would, of course, take the pot off the stove first. Breathe in the steam through your nose. DON'T put your face close to the water.

and DON'T breathe in the steam for long, just minutes. If it's too hot for you, wait until the water cools a little.

You don't need a great deal of heat for this trick, just a very little time should help you.

YOU DON'T WANT TO SCALD your face with the steam. Be careful. Believe me, I've scalded myself and it isn't fun (or pretty).

Add some dried rosemary to the water and give yourself a facial at the same time! Wash your face first of course. You could also try steaming up your bathroom with hot water from the shower and breathe in the steam. DON'T get in the shower at the same time, though. Again, you might severely scald yourself. Be Careful. Good luck!

You need either a neti pot or saline drops, both will help. You can get both at Walmart.

I use a NeilMed sinus rinse system, you get it at the drug store. Walgreens has it, and probably many others. It is a small bottle you irrigate your sinus out with using a salt, soda solution that you mix up yourself. I don't buy the little packets that you can get. I just mix up 1 pint of our city's water with 1 tsp. salt and 1/4 to 1/2 tsp soda. Better check if your water is safe to use though. I warm it slightly, works well for me.

My son has had a few issues with a http://www.md247.com/md247-blog/category/23-sinus-infection.html I found that the best solution was to use my concierge doctor, and let me tell you it was so much easier to deal with.

Woman holding kleenex to nose with a variety of cold remedies in front of her
Remedies for a Stuffy Nose
Health & Beauty Home RemediesMay 6, 2009
Making a Crocheted Clown Nose
Making a Crocheted Clown Nose
Woman With A Cold
Home Remedies for a Chapped Nose
Remedies for a Runny Nose
Remedies for a Runny Nose
Saline Nose dropper.
Homemade Saline Nasal Spray
🎉
🎄