Keep A Smile On A Little Gardener's Face

How to keep the smile on a little gardener's face. My grandson loves sunflowers, but every time his seeds sprouted, the bunnies ate the sprouts. He was so upset! I bought him a grown sunflower in a pot, and that put the smile back on his face! We are already planning the new garden for 2008!

By Linda from Pewaukee, WI

Great idea! Your grandson's smile is as big and beautiful as the sunflower.

That's the best smile in the world! I'm a little biased, though, because he's my oldest son. I've developed an interest in gardening because of my mom. She's the best mom and grandma in the universe! My son loves to spend time with my mom, especially when it comes to gardening. It amazes me when we go to garden centers, and he knows the names of flowers. He can't wait for spring to see his daffodils come up.

He looks very sweet! The next time you plant a sunflower from seed, or any plant that bunnies like, make a wire cage to put around the young plant from chicken wire. Once the plant is more established, you can remove the cage and save it for next year.

Photos GardenJanuary 29, 2008
Girl having her face painted.
Homemade Face Paint Recipes
Felt Bunny Bottom Pin
Making a Felt Bunny Bottom Pin
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
pink flowering plant in decorative pot with  small gardening tools
Holiday Gifts Ideas for Every Gardener
🎄
🍂