Cleaning a Ventilation System

I'm about to move to a new apartment, and now I have clean up my old apartment before I give it back to the landlord. I have to clean this "air ventilation system" which I never use. Anyway, I opened it today, and it's dusty as hell. Canned air, compressed air isn't going to do the job. It's just a huge metal thing loaded with dust inside.

The worst part is the outside layer of the ventilation system is all full of dust. I don't know who designed the system, but the outside frame which allow air to go in is filled with tiny little boxes (which are very dusty). I have to put tissue on my finger and clean the tiny little boxes one at a time. It takes forever. I was hoping if there are some tips.

Thank you very much.

jimbo0427 from CA

Answers

Is there any way you can screw it off without alot of trouble? The cover with the little boxes. Then you can soak it with Murphy's oil soap. Or vacuum it first and then give a good wipe down/soak. I take it you don't have a maintenance guy for the place? Maybe he has an idea, or may do it for you. I'd give mine cupcakes and cookies, so we got lots of stuff done!

Cleaning Ventilation
Cleaning Your Ducting/Ventilation System
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceMay 9, 2006
Car Vent
Smells Coming From Car Vents
Smoke in Kitchen
Broiler Creates Too Much Smoke in Kitchen
clogged toilet
Unclogging a Drain or Toilet Attached to a Septic System
Home Security Without an Alarm System
Home Security Without an Alarm System
🎉
🎄