The Aroma of a Fragrant Tea Rose

This is a picture of my first rose blossom; it is an exquisite tea rose that has a fragrance that surpasses any perfume fragrance. After a rainfall, the fragrance of the rose permeates the air of our deck and is so pleasant to step out on the back porch and smell the sweet aroma of roses. I also have lemon mint in a pot and the fragrance of mint in the air after a rainfall is so refreshing and soothing.

By WandaJo from Tennessee

Pink and white tea rose

Such a nice picture! You should put it on your desktop.

This is my mom's most favorite rose, and not often easy to find at a lower price. Years before she went into a group home, I spent money trying to give her flowers all the time because once they're gone, they can't see the flowers at a funeral. I wanted to be there to enjoy them with her and to learn more about what she likes. I was always busy with my own immediate family problems and volunteering to help hundreds in crises, that time almost got away from me and she was old "all of a sudden". She had gotten a complete face lift, kept her hair blonde, so no one could tell that she was that old, even me. Thank you, WandoJo for a lovely reminder.

God bless you and your rose. : )

That is an exquisite rose! What a beautiful picture you paint of your deck after a rain! Thanks for sharing, and God bless you!

please tell us all what the name of that rose is! I don't recognise it, and there are so many pretty-face roses with NO fragrance any more. I'll look back and see if you posted! Pleeeze?

The name of this rose is 'Double Delight'. It won the Gamble Fragrance Award in 1986.

That photo is wonderful you can almost feel the

soft petals. Pretty pretty pic and thank you for sharing it.

Photos GardenJune 20, 2007
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers
Crochet top pin cushion, a craft found on Thriftyfun. Submitted by a member.
Making a Tea Cup Pincushion
Chai Tea Latte
Chai Tea Latte Recipes