Organizing Bookmarks in Firefox

I use Mozilla Firefox on my computer. I have many items that I have "bookmarked". I have tried to organize them by making files to put like ideas in, like one file for games, one for recipe sites, etc. It didn't work, so I hope one of your readers can tell me what to do, since I obviously did something wrong when I tried before. Thanks for your help.

By Linda from Bloomington, IL

I use the same principle... Go to:

a.Favorites

b.Select: Add to Favorites

When the marque opens, select: New Folder

Type your description [Recipes] in the data field

I also use Mozilla Firefox. At the top open your Bookmarks, right click on one of your saved bookmarks, click on New Folder. Type in the name that you want for the folder and then click saved.

When organizing my FF bookmarks I find it easier to go to the top bar where it says: File- Edit - View - History...the next one is "Bookmarks". Click that, then click "Organize Bookmarks". (Easier way to do is hold down: Ctrl+Shift+B) A separate window pops up that will say "Library". This is where all your bookmarks and folders will be.

There are 3 sections of bookmarks: those in your folder that show up on your toolbar, bookmark menu (most of them) and also unsorted bookmarks.

To make a new folder click "Organize", then click "NewFolder". Keep in mind that whatever is highlighted on the left is where that new folder will go. (Perhaps you actually did make some new folders but they are hidden in other folders?)

I like to use the "Library" route to the bookmarks because it is easier for me to sort folders and bookmarks there as you can just drag and drop them where you want them. Until you close out the Library window it will sit in your bottom tray until you need to click to bring it up again.

The bookmarks toolbar I try to use only for sites that I access a lot or daily or temporary ones that I want to remember to visit. All the rest of my bookmarks go to the reg bookmark menu. And from the Library you can easily change the names of bookmarks and folders from the bottom. And the search bar at the top does a good job if you know you bookmarked something but can find it...just put in part of the name or keyword.

I hope my description isn't too confusing. It is much easier to do than to write how to do. :-)

More bookmark help info here: http://support.mozilla.com/search.p ... amp;where=all&locale=en&qs=h

For sites I had already bookmarked, I dragged and dropped them (hold down left mouse button on item you want to move) into the appropriate folders. Subsequently, any new sites you want to bookmark, just click on the 'choose' button (on the same menu list as unsorted bookmarks) and click on the folder you want.

Kaelle, very good instructions. Thanks for your post I will use it; mine need organizing into folders.

Computers SoftwareFebruary 20, 2010
A beaded bookmark in a book.
Making Beaded Bookmarks
Keeping Bookmarks Handy
Keeping Bookmarks Handy
Organizing Your Web Browser's Bookmarks, Bookmark menu on a computer.
Organizing Your Web Browser's Bookmarks
A bookmark made out of wallpaper scraps.
Homemade Bookmarks
🎄
🍂