Saving on Spaghetti and Tomato Sauce

When cooking for two, I find it wasteful to buy certain sizes/products. I have recently started buying a jar of cheap spaghetti sauce and use it most anywhere tomato sauce is called for. I recently used it over stuffed green peppers and use it on my 'fake' pizza. I also sometimes freeze some of it in ice cube trays to have it in small amounts when needed.

By Pat from Phoenix, Az.

Use your leftover pasta sauce as a base for your next pot of homemade veggie soup. I've done this for years.

Wow, these are great ideas. Yeah, sometimes spaghetti sauce is cheaper than a can of tomato sauce....definitely it can be cheaper than paste. Check out prices at Wal-Mart tho on tomato products. Their "Great Value" brand is very good and such a good price. I have been getting diced tomatoes there and they are so much cheaper!

Food and Recipes Food Tips Time SaversMay 10, 2006
Peanut Sauce Recipes, Pork satay with peanut sauce dip.
Peanut Sauce Recipes
Photo of a pan with homemade spaghetti sauce in it.
Making Spaghetti Sauce With Fresh Tomatoes
Spaghetti Sauce in Terracota Pot
Spaghetti Sauce Tips and Tricks
plate of spaghetti with tomato sauce
Information about Spatini Spaghetti Sauce Mix