Recipes Using Ritz Crackers

I have two stacks of Ritz crackers plus some loose ones. I would like a salad or a dessert recipe to use for them. I also have a batch of leftover brownies in the freezer, and I would like an easy recipe for them. Thank you. Di

By bldbot2 from Stronghurst, IL

Take peanut butter and put between two Ritz crackers. After doing all you want to do, dip in melted chocolate and dry on waxed paper. Makes a wonderful snack.

I take a sleeve of the crackers and crumble in a shallow dish. Melt half stick butter and pour over crackers to coat and kinda press in the dish. Mix 1 can sweetened condense milk with enough lemon juice to thicken. I use 1/4 cup. Then pour over the crackers and place in ref for about an hour. As far as brownies, they don't last that long around my house.

I've used this recipe for years. I made a mistake once and used reallemon without diluting it and it ended up tasting like a great lemon pie. Everybody enjoyed it and wanted the recipe and I had to tell them it was a goof-up.

The National Biscuit Company created Ritz Crackers in 1933 and shortly afterward introduced a recipe that has remain an adored oddity for nearly 70 years: Mock Apple Pie. Its popularity soared during World War II when fresh apples were a luxury few could afford.

Ritz Mock Apple Pie

Pastry for 2-crust (9-inch) pie

36 Ritz Crackers, coarsely broken (about 1 3/4 cups crumbs)

1 3/4 cups water

2 cups sugar

2 teaspoons cream of tartar

2 tablespoons lemon juice

Grated peel of one lemon

2 tablespoons margarine or butter

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1. Roll out half the pastry and line a 9-inch pie plate. Place cracker crumbs in prepared crust; set aside.

2. Heat water, sugar and cream of tartar to a boil in saucepan over high heat; simmer for 15 minutes. Add lemon juice and peel; cool.

3. Pour syrup over cracker crumbs. Dot with margarine or butter; sprinkle with cinnamon. Roll out remaining pastry; place over pie. Trim, seal and flute edges. Slit top crust to allow steam to escape.

4. Bake at 425*F (220*C) for 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is crisp and golden. Cool completely.

Makes 10 servings.

When I was young money was scarce as it is now. My girlfriend's mother was a single parent with five children, so she had to stretch everything. I ate lunch with them one day and had the best tuna salad sandwich I had ever tasted. I've never changed the reciple and people who do not like tuna salad go back for seconds.

1 regular can of tuna

10 Ritz crackers mashed. Tiny chunks of crackers is okay.

Miracle Whip

Optional: can add chopped onions and/or sweet pickle relish, if desired.

It doubles the quantity of tuna salad, and has more taste.

There are quite a lot of recipes using Ritz at the Nabisco site:

http://www.nabiscoworld.com/recipes/RecipeSearchResults.aspx?keywords=ritz

For the leftover brownies you could do a brownie sundae with ice cream and hot fudge or caramel sauce and whipped cream and whatever type of sprinkles, chopped candies or nuts on top.

Or a brownie trifle:

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes.aspx/fudgy-brownie-trifle

http://www.ehow.com/how_2243501_fudgy-brownie-trifle.html

or peanut butter version:

http://baking.about.com/od/triflerecipeindex/r/peanutbutterbro.htm

Have you looked up a recipe for Mock Apple pie? Let me tell you when you make it if no one knows they will swear it is made with apples not Ritz Crackers.Try to google it, you will be surprised. Alyson

Girl Scout Thin Mints

1/2 lb Melting Chocolate baking chocolate OR Andrea chocolate with mint

2-3 drops peppermint extract

1 package Ritz cracker

Directions

1 Melt Chocolate over low heat.

2 Add 2 to 3 drops of Peppermint oil.

3 You do not need alot so make sure they are small drops.

4 Mix.

5 Line a cookies sheet with foil.

6 Dip Crackers into Chocolate,Cover and lay on cookie sheet make sure they do not touch.

7 Chill until firm.

8 Enjoy.

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts DessertsJune 25, 2009
Saltine Crackers
Recipes Using Saltine Crackers
Large Tray of Cheese and Crackers
Cheese and Crackers for a Large Group
Crackers
Cooking With Crackers
Ritz crackers
Ritz Cracker Dessert Recipes
🎉
🎄