Embroidery Stitch Doesn't Work on Singer Model #6268

By Barbara 5 29

I have a Singer Sewing #6268 that sews beautiful until I put the embroidery attachment on it, then it won't pick up the top stitches to do the embroidery pattern. Can anybody help me with this problem?

By Barbara from Atlantic, VA

Showing: Answers Sort

By Mary LaCaze 28 81 Flag

Are you remembering to lower the presser bar lever? (That's the lever you lower to set a presser foot down onto the material.) My embroidery attachment sits so close to the fabric even without the lever down, that at first it just didn't occur to me that it wasn't down. Finally, I read someplace that the threads won't catch unless the lever is in the 'down' position, just like when you do regular sewing, because that is what activates the upper thread tension. (This is true even if one is doing 'free motion' style embroidery without a presser foot on the machine...the lever still must be in the down position. My sewing machines aren't the same as yours, but I often STILL forget, and thought perhaps you may be leaving the lever up, too. :^)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Barbara 5 29 Flag

Yes I do have my pressure foot down because if I didn't it gives me a signal & won't start back up until I do. I make sure I follow the directions exactly as the book says. I know there is nothing wrong with the attachment as it worked wonderful on my old one I had. I would like to thank you very much for the quick response. I will keep working on this problem until I do get it to work. It is driving me crazy!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesFebruary 26, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Singer Stitch Sew Quick
Singer Stitch Sew Quick Reviews
Cross Stitch
Finding Cross Stitch Patterns
closeup of sewing machine needle
Free Motion Embroidery Ideas
Punch Needle Embroidery
Punch Needle Embroidery Tips and Tricks
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 4:47:02 PM on 10.0.0.12 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings