Print and Frame Regularly Used Schedules

This is a tip for decorating and organizing at the same time. I love to decorate meaningfully. I recently scanned a garbage collection schedule distributed to households by the government, divided the image into two parts, printed each on a standard photo paper and put the photos in a nice picture frame. I chose the picture frame that matches my other decor in my downstairs washroom. Now, the schedule will never be lost and we will hopefully never miss the garbage day again. Neat and inexpensive idea.

This is a really great tip! Better than Andy Wharhol. (probably spelled that wrong.)

That is a marvelous idea! I am going to do that with the school days off schedule also. It wont get all torn up and wrinkled by the end of the year. I am going to type it up in bigger print and then frame it.

Thanks for getting that idea into my head! I love organizing and decorating at the same time!

I remember reading this tip when it was first published, it was a good idea then and still is:) I made it work for my family by using the framing idea to post info on using the laundry (loading the washer/dryer, international clothing and linens care label symbols, etc) in the utility room.

LOL, my husband says he really appreciates having that decoratively posted info on the rare occasion he uses the machines. Reading ThriftyFun pays off in so many ways!

When I lived in the States I used to organise using one of those big ag calendars given away at the feed 'n seed store. I posted it my kitchen after noting all kinds of info like the garbage routes, rotating bills, birthdays, etc, and even started noting weather and when I turned on heating/cooling the first time in a season.

The calendars were always a nice touch in my country kitchens, and the info I needed to run our homes were right there for quick reference-no matter where I've lived in my 50+ years, my kitchen always seems to be the home office and it really helps to have needed info close to hand. Now that I am living in the UK I 'make do' with a home printed calendar from a freebie site but oh how I miss those feed 'n seed calendars!

Photo of organized kitchen cabinets.
Organizing Your Home
Organizing Garbage and RecyclingJanuary 7, 2009
Making a Mosaic Picture Frame
Making a Mosaic Picture Frame
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
Woman Fixing a Printer That Won't Print
Fixing a Printer That Won't Print
installing software
Installing Corel Print House
🎄