Organize With Clear Plastic Containers

Here are a few small tips for getting and staying organized.

Shoes:

I keep our shoes in clear plastic shoe boxes with lids. They can be easily stacked on the floor or shelf and take up less room if they are stacked. They keep your shoes dust free, no more hunting for the other shoe and with just a glance you can see which shoes are in which box.

Bathroom:

I use the same clear plastic shoe boxes in the bathroom. I label one box for each person. Everything belonging to that person goes into the box, lid goes on and they are stacked under the sink. I have one larger box as the Family box. Extra soap, toilet paper, cotton balls, etc. goes in this one. No clutter, and everyone knows where their stuff is. No more 'Do you know where my __ is?'

Other Rooms

I use the same system basically in every room. In the kitchen cupboards are clean and everything is easily identified and FRESH when you keep all your dry goods (sugar, spices, cereals) in these containers of various sizes.

I keep all my sewing notions the same way. Everything has its own container, even material, and I can see find what I need at a glance. The containers are inexpensive at the dollar store or Wal-mart, etc.

Lastly, clutter can make you crazy and if you don't use it you lose it!

By Terry from Toronto, Ontario

By christi (Guest Post)

I do this in the kitchen but had never thought about it in the bathroom. I am going to get some next time I go to walmart. My bathroom will finally be clutter free. Of course I think I will get a big one for my teenager also. Dont know why anyone needs so much stuff.

The best part is that these shoe boxes are sold at Dollar Tree for only $1 apiece! I can't think of a less expensive organizing tool. Usually they are in stock during the autumn when college students are getting ready to leave home.

I like them for organizing toys and hobby items.

Organizing TipsOctober 21, 2005
📓
🐛
😎
🌻