Paint Color Ideas for Kitchen with Black Appliances - Categories:

Paint Color AdviceDecorating

Paint Color Ideas for Kitchen with Black Appliances

I need to paint the kitchen walls. My countertop is the dated orange laminate. I have black appliances with darker wood cabinets and brushed silver/contemporary hardware. What color should I paint? Pale yellow? Or perhaps a muted green? Or a mocha/cappuccino/tan color? Please help. There isn't a lot of wall space to paint; but it needs a facelift.

By Marilyn from Sarasota, FL

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Something complimentary to the orange and dark wood would be a "mustard like" yellow. Think chic retro Harvest type colors. Some paint stores will give you samples to take home and try out. Either way, take a good picture of the setting and hit all the stores. A great paint color will cost a bit but the effect it will have on the over all transformation will be worth the piece of mind.

I would suggest a sage green or light olive. This will cut the orange/black "Halloween" feel. I am afraid any gold or tan , I am afraid, will only accentuate that color scheme. Orange and black can be limiting,but since green is a neutral color that should help cit the orange down to size.

It sounds like you have a dark kitchen and don't need it to be darker.Take a board with ice blue on it and put up in the kitchen and see how it looks after a couple of days walking around it. I do this with quilts, and paint. ice blue is white with just a touch of blue. It goes with black, brown and green also orange. try the paint on a board and see. do this with several colors could try a paint with just a touch of yellow, what ever you use needs to be a light. Make your kitchen homey and inviting, dark kitchens are glumy, have fun.

Take advantage of those orange countertops and go monochromatic! It would look really nice with the black appliances and dark cabinets and would give a nice balance so I am thinking the peach color of an actual peach and it would be a light enough color to keep the room looking bright.

January 24, 2011 Flag

We just bought a new house and we are having trouble deciding what color to paint our kitchen. We have light cabinets, along with a light counter top, black fridge, and a black and stainless steel stove. We are replacing the floors with laminate wood flooring, but we are having trouble deciding on a paint color. Any suggestions?

By Britnee from Coldwater, MI

Answers:

I would suggest top half of walls white, the bottom red. (10/23/2010)

By mrs.flowerpot

I would think a muted color like sage green or a medium blue gray color would look very nice. (10/27/2010)

By PDG

October 23, 2010 Flag

I have all black appliances, oak cabinets, hunter green tiled floors with white and black in it and black counter tops with some speckles of green. My question is: what color should I paint my walls and what color of table and chairs should I use?

By Amanda from King City, MO

Answers:

I'm not great with color, so I cannot help you there, but I would highly recommend the site colourlovers.com for seeing how different colors go together. You can also find popular color combinations others have made. You can search based on what colors you want to use, too. Great, great site.

Cheers,
Brian

(08/17/2010)

By bsteele

The first colors that come to mind are white or green walls with some sort of green or green and black border, and an oak table and chairs. (08/21/2010)

By Maryeileen

A soft cream color and bring the green up on the counter and up the walls with your accessories. Make the eye go all around the room. Big and bold art work. Something green for the table centerpiece. (09/20/2010)

By leekelly

August 17, 2010 Flag

What color do I paint my kitchen walls? My counter top is black/gray/beige, I have black appliances and the cabinets are a light oak.

By Tanya

Answers:

Slate blue or sage green would look good, my favorite is a blue toned red, this would make the cabinets pop! Good luck:) (05/24/2010)

By yoder178

May 23, 2010 Flag

I have a very old off-yellow counter top, black appliances, and white cabinets. I'm painting my kitchen which is the same yellow that it was 7 years ago when I moved into our home.

March 4, 2010 Flag

What should I do with my kitchen? We are getting all black appliances and I want to paint the cabinets white. Is that a good idea? What about the walls?

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceJanuary 24, 2011
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Black Widow Spider Costume
underside of Black Widow Spider
Getting Rid of Black Widow Spiders
Black Bean Salsa
Black Bean Salsa Recipes
A woman pushing a cart of presents.
Finding Black Friday Deals Online
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 24, 2016 at 11:18:42 PM on 10.0.1.9 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.