Cure for Slow Filling Washer

To save yourself the cost of a repairman, if your washer is filling slowly. Turn off the water at the valve, and take the hoses off and be sure that the connection is clean. When my washer was filling slowly, I did this and found that the hose was partially blocked by sediment. I just cleaned out the sediment, replaced the washer (rubber ring), and reattached the hoses. Then I turned on the water, and it works great.

It saved me calling a repairman to do the same job that I can do for free. Also be sure to periodically take the dryer vent hose off and clean it out well, so that your clothing will dry quicker with the improved air flow.

By Tonya from Martinsville, OH

It is true, the setiment is from hard water, when my husband cleans it out, he says it is calcium deposits from the hot water tank and the hard water. As soon as he beats it out of the hose, the water fills up alot faster. This same problem hinders toliet fill ups also. But, can't be solved as easily.

Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing WashersNovember 21, 2006
A repairman looking at a washing machine.
Repairing a Washer That Won't Drain or Spin
Pug with bandage leg.
Treating a Pet's Wound
Windshield wiper tip on windshield
Homemade Windshield Washer Fluid
Canning Pie Filling, Cherry Pie
Canning Pie Filling