Can't Reset GFCI Outlet

I have an outdoor GFCI outlet that won't reset. An orange light stays lit, but the reset button will not pop out the test button. I just noticed this recently when the outdoor landscape lighting wouldn't come on. What are some possible causes of this?

By Paulie from Nashville, TN

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

You might have to replace the outlet, if you have tried everything else and it still doesn't work.

That just happened to me in my kitchen; my handyman replaced the GFCI receptacle, which took all of 10 minutes, and I was good to go. It had not been properly installed in the first place, so it "blew" early on after the first few uses. You might just need a new outlet.

Its not fixable. It 's blown and needs replacing.

Home and Garden Repair Home ElectricalAugust 29, 2010
Plug Outlet
Getting Plugs to Stay in Outlets
Bathtub full of water.
Makeshift Bathtub and Sink Stopper Ideas
Man fixing and electrical outlet
Repairing an Electric Outlet
changing an outlet
Changing a 15 Amp Outlet to 20 Amps
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 5:14:06 PM on 10.0.2.236 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.