Browsing: Cleaning Stained CorningWare

Removing Food Stains From White CorningWare

How can I get the worn in food stains out of my White CorningWare Baking Dish.

Ruth from Harlingen, TX

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I have used a small amt of household bleach, using a sponge or just my fingers to swish the bleach onto the stain/stains. Letting the bleach remain on the stain for awhile. Then rinse with hot water and wa la the stain is gone. This works for me.

I have great results using soft scrub, just pour a small amount on spot , I use a sponge and wipe marks away. Good luck.

Maybe wet the spot and sprinkle some Coment cleanser. Let it set for a while and then rinse and see if the stain is gone. You might also try Bon Ami or Zud. You might also try corning's website to see if they have any care info there.

If your CorningWare is heavily stained, I've had great success putting the dish on the stove top and adding enough water to cover the stains. Boil the water and add a squirt of dishwasher detergent. When the water comes to a boil, add a small amount of chlorine bleach (a tablespoon or two depending on the size of the dish). Continue to boil until the stains are gone. This usually takes just a few minutes. If you have several small dishes, put all of them in a larger CorningWare dish and follow the same procedure.

To avoid the stains from stainless and silver ware, always use wooden or nylon spoons in these dishes. Saves a lot of work for you.

Leave the dishes in the oven next time you run the self-cleaning oven cycle. My grandmother said that all the old stain was just a bit of powdery ash that blew away, and the dish was back to white again. If you don't have the self-cleaning feature, ask around your friends.

Try putting a Bounce Dryer Sheet in the dish and pour hot water over it. Let soak over night and should take the food

off of it. Works with pans, why not with Corning Ware?

It won't leave scratches on it.

Pat in GA

Corningware sells a cleaner for their casseroles, but it is a tad expensive. I have used baking soda paste and let it sit, then scrub with a plastic scrubber and rinse.

I let mine soak in plain non dilluted vinegar over night.

How do I get burndt food stains off the underside crevices in the handles of my corningware dish?

A white CorningWare casserole dish.
Cleaning Stained CorningWare
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesSeptember 14, 2007
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Removing Rust Stains from a Bathtub
White cat looking up at the camera.
Removing Tear Stains on White Cats
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 1:35:19 AM on 10.0.1.242 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.