12th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls

Planning a successful birthday party for your young teen can be a challenge. This is a guide about 12th birthday party ideas for girls.

March 9, 2015 Flag

A great birthday party idea for preteen girls is a Mall Madness birthday party. A Mall Madness birthday party is basically a scavenger hunt in the mall. For example, you could all meet at your house. Once everyone arrives, you could head to the mall. At the mall, everyone would split into groups and get things (a picture with the cashier or ask the cashier for a rubber band, etc.) Once a group gets everything on the list, they get a prize (gift card, toys, cash, beauty products, etc.) After that, pizza is a great way to end the day before everyone either goes home or spends the night! Hope this helps. :)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 2 Comments

April 1, 2013 Flag

My 12th birthday party is this Saturday. I choose to do real go kart racing with helmets and suits, as I am not really a girly girl. My friends got really excited when I said that we were doing real go kart racing.

If you are not having more of a tomboy party, you could go get French manicures. You could go back to the house and have a pizza and watch a movie before the other girls all go home. Then you're having more of get together than a party because, at 12 years of age, you won't have a party. Think of it more as a get together.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 1 Comment

October 19, 2009 Flag

I have a sister who is 12 years old and she can't decide what to do for her party. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of where to go?

By M-J from WA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

We held a water balloon party for my 12 year old Granddaughter. It was a huge hit with girls and boys alike. She invited her entire class and all but one came (just mention water balloons a kid will be there ;-)). You can buy water balloons cheaply at Walmart or purchase them online. We spread a giant superslide across the lawn to place all the water balloons on, we also purchased two small blow-up kid pools to store the balloons in (tip: don't stack them more than three balloons high or they will burst by themselves from the pressure). We attempted to play organized games with the balloons, but since these kids were middle school age, they had much more fun left on their own to have a huge water balloon fight (the only rule we had was no hitting in the face). The only thing I had to purchase was the water balloons, cake, ice cream, and streamers (I already had the blowup pools and superslide; if you don't have those call around and borrow them from friends/family). The cost of this type party is very inexpensive BUT there is a lot of planning and work involved. It is better to have all the water balloon filled before the party begins. My boyfriend and I started filling the water balloons two days before the party. Once you have filled the first hundred balloons you start to get faster at filling them, we ended up with 2300 water balloons for the party and 15 kids popped every one of them within an hour.

One last thing, I recommend having a little game in the end. Whichever kid picks up the most popped balloons from the grass gets $10 (otherwise your yard will be filled with little balloon pieces and it's not good for the birds to eat).

January 21, 2013 Flag

My daughter is going to be 12 soon and she wants to have some sort if party with a few friends. I don't have no clue at all. She said she doesn't want anything like bowling and she doesn't want anything too babyish. Can you please, please give me some ideas? Thank you.

By Chloe

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Go to the craft section at Walmart or to the craft store. There you can find great inexpensive craft ideas for her. T-shirts for $3-5 and tye-dye machine for $10 or friendship bracelet kits for $10-20 would make for a great time. There are plenty of foam stickers to decorate hats or notebooks and beaded jewelry parts galore. Good luck.

September 12, 2016 Flag

My daughter is turning 12 and is having the party at our house. She is having 20-30 people, girls and boys. She wants a theme that's not babish, any ideas?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

you can have a dancing party or a sports party

May 17, 2013 Flag

My daughter is having her 12th birthday party and she's having about 25 girls over, but she doesn't know what to do. She wants to go somewhere fun and cheap. I would love if you could give some ideas. We live in Portland, examples: JJ Jump, Oaks Park, or Sky High.

By Madison

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I live in Portland too and Oaks Park is always a favorite. But with 25 girls that can also be very expensive. But there are the rides and roller skating maybe you could get a group rate on tickets or something.

If the weather is good you could go to a park and do outdoor activities.

I don't know what your budget is.

Sorry I can't come up with anymore suggestions

January 25, 2013 Flag

My daughter is having a birthday party, but she doesn't want the girly-girl type because her friends that are boys are going to be there. And we need an inexpensive party place.

By Anonymous Queen

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

We did an Indiana Jones theme party one year. My husband made up clues to find a "treasure" which he made by spraying some rocks with gold paint.

The clues were written in code (you could get ideas from Tolkien books or hieroglyphs online) He had the codes with English letters on a sheet so they could decode each clue. It cost really nothing other than food and paper and a can of paint. The kids LOVED it.

Another year we did a Chinese new year theme (my daughter's birthday is in January and we delayed the party a couple of weeks) They made paper lanterns, wrote some Chinese characters and food included Chinese eggrolls and fortune cookies.

Check out the book The Pennywhistle Party Book, its full of fun cheap party ideas.

January 16, 2012 Flag

My daughter is having her 12th birthday in a couple of weeks. We're struggling for party ideas with a cheap, but cheerful price. Any suggestions?

By coolbeanwalker from west Sussex, north Yorkshire

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

A cooking class is always a good idea that is what I did for my daughters. Make pizza and cupcakes!

September 12, 2015 Flag

I currently live in Cleburne, Texas. My daughter is turning 12 in just 3 weeks, in October. She wants a birthday party with about 4-5 friends, but we have no clue what to do. She is girly, but sometimes can be a tomboy. We want something cheap and easy to plan, but really fun. She wants a slumber party, but my house is not that big. I need help now please!

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

A very easy online search for "tween birthday party ideas" will produce many sites with lots of great ideas and themes.

June 30, 2012 Flag

My daughter is celebrating her 12th birthday in July. We are all not sure what we would want to do. On previous birthdays we had parties. Now we would want to do something different. Please help.

By Naa B. from Ghana

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Just do cake and ice cream and a few gifts with your immediate family. I have never in my 72 years done anything special for any family member's birthdays. It was always an occasion for immediate family, mainly parent and siblings. Sometimes, depending on the day of the week aunts and uncles and grandparents would show up, but not too often.

January 11, 2014 Flag

We are having a 12 year old girl's bday party in April and we are trying to come up with something cheap but really creative and where lots of people can come. Any suggestions?

By Maggie

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Here Are 5 ideas For Your Party:

1. Have a Hollywood themed party with walkways, and put on a fashion show. Let the girls dress up as their fave pop stars.

2. Have a beauty party. Get the girls to do makeovers, and dress them up. Take pictures of every girl, then let them be on the front cover of a magazine.

3. Have a slumber party. Let the girls watch a movie, tell secrets, play games, and other stuff to make it a party they will never forget

4. Go to a fun place (For ex. go ice skating/ roller blading or to the arcade or to a spa) After that get the girls to come home and hang out.

5. Have a DIY (Do It Yourself) party. The girls can make headbands, shirts, anything and can still have fun. You can also play games.

When my daughter was 11 (I know a year younger. She's almost 12 though) we went mini-golfing, go carting, arcade, and laser tag. She loved it, and so did all of her friends. Good luck. Hope these 5 ideas helped!

April 22, 2012 Flag

What can a 12 year old do for her birthday?

By B.D

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I just had my 14th bday party and we played some really fun games for all ages. One of the games was the game where you put a shower cap on and cover it in shaving cream then your team throws cheese puffs at it! Another is where you hard boil eggs enough for everyone at the party except for one! Everyone has to crack there egg against their forehead and you see who gets the runny one!:) Also you write down one funny truth or dare for everyone at the party and stick it in a balloon and blow the balloon up. Then when it's your turn you pop your balloon and do your truth or dare.

July 14, 2015 Flag

My daughter is turning 12 in September and we need cheap birthday ideas. She is having 4 friends over for a pamper/sleepover, but I would like to do an activity with them outside the house. Any suggestions? We have a bugdet of maybe $30-40, but I think she would also like to invite more friends to the out of house activity!

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

By "out of the house" do you mean movies or rollerskating, or do you just mean an outside activity. I always used to take my summer birthday parties to the pool, and I have taken a small group to the movies. If it is just outside, a trip to a park - perhaps even having the whole party there, might be nice. You could do a treasure hunt or a scavenger hunt, do activities that are available in the park - badminton, lawn bowling, soccer, etc. I am not sure if I am a big fan of having two groups of party-goers, unless she is inviting quite a large group for the main party, and a couple special friends for an extra sleepover. To invite some for the outing, but not for the main party seems ungracious to me.

March 25, 2013 Flag

I have an almost 12 year old daughter and she seems to want to do more expensive stuff. What should I do?

By Jeni

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Depending on how far off it is, there may be time for her to dog walk/sit, babysit, spring is here, rake yards for half the cost of the party. Makes the kids figure out how much easier it is to spend parents money than make it.

I have had my kids beg off from doing the expense ONCE THEY HAVE EARNED IT. And they kept their neighborhood jobs up, one got his as a helper at the local theatre at 8 and now is 28, still doing those things for them, and changes the marquee so they don't climb up there. Means you never have to pay for going to the movies!

October 18, 2010 Flag

What's a good idea for a 12 year old daughter's party? She's very mature and so are her friends. Please help.

By Zahynia from Pataskala, OH

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Why not have an 80's era party. The girls can dress up with big hair, neon colors, fishnets, etc. and have a costume contest. Then you could turn a room into a dance floor with fog machines, bright balloons, and music from the 80's and now. Then you could finish it off with a movie from the 80's like Pretty in Pink. Hope you like the idea.

By Madison S.

August 18, 2014 Flag

My daughter is 12 already (her birthday was in July), but we haven't had a party yet. She want's something with friends that is also safe for her 2 year old sister. She also wants to have a wet party, but our pool is way to small. We have a trampoline and swing, but a really small yard and we can't get the deck wet. Help me make it fun please.

By Lena L.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

You can have a swapper. Go in groups of 3 or more and then you stay in your groups for 60 seconds. You can swap every 60 seconds so then everyone will have a turn so like 3 on the swings 3 on the trampoline and then 3 in the pool and then swap. Hope this helped.

_dance_girlxx

March 20, 2013 Flag

My younger sister is having her 12th birthday party. She wants something not too babyish and she only wants a few friends over. She wants a really fun theme. Please help I want this to be a birthday she will never forget.

By Caitlin B.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I was on a website and saw this idea: Black light Highlighter Party. Ask your party guests to bring an old white T-shirt. When they get there pass out different colored highlighters. Replace the lights in the rooms with Black light bulbs. Have them decorate there shirts with the highlighters to make a glow in the dark wardrobe!

July 21, 2016 Flag

My daughter is turning 12 and she wants 13 people over. What should I do for party ideas? The party is at a park.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I always like a scavenger hunt; since it is in a park, you could make one up with nature items (particular kind of leaf, a feather, rock shaped like something eg heart, 3 dandelions, a 4 leaf clover, etc). Another idea is to have some sort of group games; you have enough for teams -- volleyball, soccer, softball, etc.

May 24, 2016 Flag

My sister is turning 12 and I want to make this a great birthday for her, but I don't know what theme to do. Anyone got any ideas?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Zebra ,pink and white , black and white , glow party and others

January 10, 2013 Flag

I need a birthday idea asap, but one that is cheap and not in the house because it's not that big. If there are bday ideas for a small house, I really want to know. Thanx.

By bdi

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I am having a party in a few months and I thought of a neon party. You can hang out with friends in the dark and use lots of glow sticks. The best thing is, it's cheap and you can do it in a small room

Load More
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayFebruary 29, 2012
Products
12th Birthday Piñata
Daughters Horse Riding Daddy
Raising Girls
12th Birthday Party
Coed 12th Birthday Party Ideas
Blue letter blocks spelling out happy birthday.
17th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls
12th Birthday Party
12th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 12:39:29 PM on 10.0.0.212 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.