12th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls

Planning a successful birthday party for your young teen can be a challenge. This is a guide about 12th birthday party ideas for girls.

October 19, 2009 Flag

I have a sister who is 12 years old and she can't decide what to do for her party. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of where to go?

By M-J from WA

Best Answer

We held a water balloon party for my 12 year old Granddaughter. It was a huge hit with girls and boys alike. She invited her entire class and all but one came (just mention water balloons a kid will be there ;-)). You can buy water balloons cheaply at Walmart or purchase them online. We spread a giant superslide across the lawn to place all the water balloons on, we also purchased two small blow-up kid pools to store the balloons in (tip: don't stack them more than three balloons high or they will burst by themselves from the pressure). We attempted to play organized games with the balloons, but since these kids were middle school age, they had much more fun left on their own to have a huge water balloon fight (the only rule we had was no hitting in the face). The only thing I had to purchase was the water balloons, cake, ice cream, and streamers (I already had the blowup pools and superslide; if you don't have those call around and borrow them from friends/family). The cost of this type party is very inexpensive BUT there is a lot of planning and work involved. It is better to have all the water balloon filled before the party begins. My boyfriend and I started filling the water balloons two days before the party. Once you have filled the first hundred balloons you start to get faster at filling them, we ended up with 2300 water balloons for the party and 15 kids popped every one of them within an hour.

One last thing, I recommend having a little game in the end. Whichever kid picks up the most popped balloons from the grass gets $10 (otherwise your yard will be filled with little balloon pieces and it's not good for the birds to eat).

Best Answer

September 12, 2016 Flag

My daughter is turning 12 and is having the party at our house. She is having 20-30 people, girls and boys. She wants a theme that's not babish, any ideas?

maybe a disco party

January 21, 2013 Flag

My daughter is going to be 12 soon and she wants to have some sort if party with a few friends. I don't have no clue at all. She said she doesn't want anything like bowling and she doesn't want anything too babyish. Can you please, please give me some ideas? Thank you.

By Chloe

Best Answer

Go to the craft section at Walmart or to the craft store. There you can find great inexpensive craft ideas for her. T-shirts for $3-5 and tye-dye machine for $10 or friendship bracelet kits for $10-20 would make for a great time. There are plenty of foam stickers to decorate hats or notebooks and beaded jewelry parts galore. Good luck.

Best Answer

May 17, 2013 Flag

My daughter is having her 12th birthday party and she's having about 25 girls over, but she doesn't know what to do. She wants to go somewhere fun and cheap. I would love if you could give some ideas. We live in Portland, examples: JJ Jump, Oaks Park, or Sky High.

By Madison

Best Answer

I live in Portland too and Oaks Park is always a favorite. But with 25 girls that can also be very expensive. But there are the rides and roller skating maybe you could get a group rate on tickets or something.

If the weather is good you could go to a park and do outdoor activities.

I don't know what your budget is.

Sorry I can't come up with anymore suggestions

Best Answer

January 25, 2013 Flag

My daughter is having a birthday party, but she doesn't want the girly-girl type because her friends that are boys are going to be there. And we need an inexpensive party place.

By Anonymous Queen

Best Answer

We did an Indiana Jones theme party one year. My husband made up clues to find a "treasure" which he made by spraying some rocks with gold paint.

The clues were written in code (you could get ideas from Tolkien books or hieroglyphs online) He had the codes with English letters on a sheet so they could decode each clue. It cost really nothing other than food and paper and a can of paint. The kids LOVED it.

Another year we did a Chinese new year theme (my daughter's birthday is in January and we delayed the party a couple of weeks) They made paper lanterns, wrote some Chinese characters and food included Chinese eggrolls and fortune cookies.

Check out the book The Pennywhistle Party Book, its full of fun cheap party ideas.

Best Answer

March 9, 2015 Flag

A great birthday party idea for preteen girls is a Mall Madness birthday party. A Mall Madness birthday party is basically a scavenger hunt in the mall. For example, you could all meet at your house. Once everyone arrives, you could head to the mall. At the mall, everyone would split into groups and get things (a picture with the cashier or ask the cashier for a rubber band, etc.) Once a group gets everything on the list, they get a prize (gift card, toys, cash, beauty products, etc.) After that, pizza is a great way to end the day before everyone either goes home or spends the night! Hope this helps. :)

Sounds awesome! I should try this! :)

January 16, 2012 Flag

My daughter is having her 12th birthday in a couple of weeks. We're struggling for party ideas with a cheap, but cheerful price. Any suggestions?

By coolbeanwalker from west Sussex, north Yorkshire

Best Answer

A cooking class is always a good idea that is what I did for my daughters. Make pizza and cupcakes!

Best Answer

September 12, 2015 Flag

I currently live in Cleburne, Texas. My daughter is turning 12 in just 3 weeks, in October. She wants a birthday party with about 4-5 friends, but we have no clue what to do. She is girly, but sometimes can be a tomboy. We want something cheap and easy to plan, but really fun. She wants a slumber party, but my house is not that big. I need help now please!

Best Answer

A very easy online search for "tween birthday party ideas" will produce many sites with lots of great ideas and themes.

April 1, 2013 Flag

My 12th birthday party is this Saturday. I choose to do real go kart racing with helmets and suits, as I am not really a girly girl. My friends got really excited when I said that we were doing real go kart racing.

If you are not having more of a tomboy party, you could go get French manicures. You could go back to the house and have a pizza and watch a movie before the other girls all go home. Then you're having more of get together than a party because, at 12 years of age, you won't have a party. Think of it more as a get together.

It's my birthday today and i have nothing to do. and since it's the 12th of March and i'm turning 12 i'm pretty sure that this is suppose to be the best birthday or something like that.

January 11, 2014 Flag

We are having a 12 year old girl's bday party in April and we are trying to come up with something cheap but really creative and where lots of people can come. Any suggestions?

By Maggie

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Here Are 5 ideas For Your Party:

1. Have a Hollywood themed party with walkways, and put on a fashion show. Let the girls dress up as their fave pop stars.

2. Have a beauty party. Get the girls to do makeovers, and dress them up. Take pictures of every girl, then let them be on the front cover of a magazine.

3. Have a slumber party. Let the girls watch a movie, tell secrets, play games, and other stuff to make it a party they will never forget

4. Go to a fun place (For ex. go ice skating/ roller blading or to the arcade or to a spa) After that get the girls to come home and hang out.

5. Have a DIY (Do It Yourself) party. The girls can make headbands, shirts, anything and can still have fun. You can also play games.

When my daughter was 11 (I know a year younger. She's almost 12 though) we went mini-golfing, go carting, arcade, and laser tag. She loved it, and so did all of her friends. Good luck. Hope these 5 ideas helped!

June 30, 2012 Flag

My daughter is celebrating her 12th birthday in July. We are all not sure what we would want to do. On previous birthdays we had parties. Now we would want to do something different. Please help.

Load More
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayFebruary 29, 2012
Products
12th Birthday Piñata
Daughters Horse Riding Daddy
Raising Girls
12th Birthday Party
Coed 12th Birthday Party Ideas
Blue letter blocks spelling out happy birthday.
17th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls
12th Birthday Party
12th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
🎉
🎄