12th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls

Planning a successful birthday party for your young teen can be a challenge. This is a guide about 12th birthday party ideas for girls.

13 year old gift ideas
Filter Sort

Question: 12 Year Old Girls Birthday Party Ideas

By Mary-Jane 1

I have a sister who is 12 years old and she can't decide what to do for her party. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of where to go?

By M-J from WA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Best Answers

By Julie 1 Flag

I love the idea about the $5 at the dollar store and then having a fashion show. We are going to use that with our daughter and her friends. Another idea - Our daughter loves halloween but was a summer baby. Her friends love the scavenger hunts my husband and myself come up with each year so this year we are replacing the lightbulbs with blacklights and having the scavinger hunt in the "glow in the dark." Then we take them roller skating from 7:30pm to 11:00pm to wear them down a bit before the slumber party. Last year was a late swimming session and everyone was asleep by 10 pm.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By MJack118 1 Flag

We held a water balloon party for my 12 year old Granddaughter. It was a huge hit with girls and boys alike. She invited her entire class and all but one came (just mention water balloons a kid will be there ;-)). You can buy water balloons cheaply at Walmart or purchase them online. We spread a giant superslide across the lawn to place all the water balloons on, we also purchased two small blow-up kid pools to store the balloons in (tip: don't stack them more than three balloons high or they will burst by themselves from the pressure). We attempted to play organized games with the balloons, but since these kids were middle school age, they had much more fun left on their own to have a huge water balloon fight (the only rule we had was no hitting in the face). The only thing I had to purchase was the water balloons, cake, ice cream, and streamers (I already had the blowup pools and superslide; if you don't have those call around and borrow them from friends/family). The cost of this type party is very inexpensive BUT there is a lot of planning and work involved. It is better to have all the water balloon filled before the party begins. My boyfriend and I started filling the water balloons two days before the party. Once you have filled the first hundred balloons you start to get faster at filling them, we ended up with 2300 water balloons for the party and 15 kids popped every one of them within an hour.

One last thing, I recommend having a little game in the end. Whichever kid picks up the most popped balloons from the grass gets $10 (otherwise your yard will be filled with little balloon pieces and it's not good for the birds to eat).

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Queenofthemes 1 Flag

Ever since my daughter was little, we have done themed parties. They honestly are not as hard as one might think, and you can tie all your food and games into the theme as well. Some of the themes we used were a luau, 70's party, beach party, camping party, and this year for my daughter's 12th birthday we are having a fiesta themed party. For the camping theme we set up tents in the back yard, had a fire pit to roast hot dogs and marshmallows, had a scavenger hunt, potato sack races, egg on a spoon relay race, and flash light tag when it got dark. Just an example of what we did, but there are definitely more things you could do with this theme. Also we listen to scary camp stories around the campfire. We found recorded stories online, and the girls loved it. Hope this gives you some ideas.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Go Kart Racing For Girl's Birthday

By mobrien603 1

My 12th birthday party is this Saturday. I choose to do real go kart racing with helmets and suits, as I am not really a girly girl. My friends got really excited when I said that we were doing real go kart racing.

If you are not having more of a tomboy party, you could go get French manicures. You could go back to the house and have a pizza and watch a movie before the other girls all go home. Then you're having more of get together than a party because, at 12 years of age, you won't have a party Think of it more as a get together.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Birthday Party Ideas

My daughter is having a birthday party, but she doesn't want the girly-girl type because her friends that are boys are going to be there. And we need an inexpensive party place.

By Anonymous Queen

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Best Answers

By Lee Anne Guryn 2 91 Flag

We did an Indiana Jones theme party one year. My husband made up clues to find a "treasure" which he made by spraying some rocks with gold paint.

The clues were written in code (you could get ideas from Tolkien books or hieroglyphs online) He had the codes with English letters on a sheet so they could decode each clue. It cost really nothing other than food and paper and a can of paint. The kids LOVED it.

Another year we did a Chinese new year theme (my daughter's birthday is in January and we delayed the party a couple of weeks) They made paper lanterns, wrote some Chinese characters and food included Chinese eggrolls and fortune cookies.

Check out the book The Pennywhistle Party Book, its full of fun cheap party ideas.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Reann 3 Flag

I suggest a dance party. You could rent a local hall for 4 hours. You can bring a radio or an iPod with a dock. At Party Cit,y they sell a bubble machine for about $35 and strobe lights for $20! Also you can get props at the dollar store or Party City! Good luck and I hope my ideas helped.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Mall Madness Birthday Party for Preteens

By carli 1

A great birthday party idea for preteen girls is a Mall Madness birthday party. A Mall Madness birthday party is basically a scavenger hunt in the mall. For example, you could all meet at your house. Once everyone arrives, you could head to the mall. At the mall, everyone would split into groups and get things (a picture with the cashier or ask the cashier for a rubber band, etc.) Once a group gets everything on the list, they get a prize (gift card, toys, cash, beauty products, etc.) After that, pizza is a great way to end the day before everyone either goes home or spends the night! Hope this helps. :)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: 12th Birthday Party Ideas

My daughter is having her 12th birthday party and she's having about 25 girls over, but she doesn't know what to do. She wants to go somewhere fun and cheap. I would love if you could give some ideas. We live in Portland, examples: JJ Jump Oaks park sky high.

By Madison

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Best Answers

By LaurieS 11 38 Flag

I live in Portland too and Oaks Park is always a favorite. But with 25 girls that can also be very expensive. But there are the rides and roller skating maybe you could get a group rate on tickets or something.

If the weather is good you could go to a park and do outdoor activities.

I don't know what your budget is.

Sorry I can't come up with anymore suggestions

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Elgie 5 145 Flag

I grew up going to Oaks Park and have wonderful memories from there. (I live in So.Cal. now)

With 25 girls this is probably not the answer but years ago, with my daughter, I took them to a beauty school (pre-arranged) for a beauty treatments. It seems now a days that is not a treat for a lot of girls, but it could be an idea for another time or a smaller group....they could all get manicures,or something like that. More recently my daughter-in-law had a "spa" party in her home with different "beauty stations", mani's, pedi's, hairdo's, facials, makeup. She just got some high school girls who acted as beauticians. They took pictures later and put them in frames they had decorated while waiting for some of the "services". All felt very glamorous after it was all done, and oh yes they all brought special outfits to pose in. Your biggest problem is the number of girls involved. Good luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Ideas for 12th Birthday

My daughter is going to be 12 soon and she wants to have some sort if party with a few friends. I don't have no clue at all. She said she doesn't want anything like bowling and she doesn't want anything too babyish. Can you please, please give me some ideas? Thank you.

By Chloe

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Best Answers

By Beth 64 Flag

Go to the craft section at Walmart or to the craft store. There you can find great inexpensive craft ideas for her. T-shirts for $3-5 and tye-dye machine for $10 or friendship bracelet kits for $10-20 would make for a great time. There are plenty of foam stickers to decorate hats or notebooks and beaded jewelry parts galore. Good luck.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Jan 23 47 Flag

Have a make up party. Have the guests bring some old dress up clothes, what ever they want, put them in a pile on the bed. Then buy some cheap make up, eye shadow, liner, nail polish, etc. Do their hair. After they are all made up they can pick out some clothes to wear. You could have the girls bring old make up from home to have a larger assortment. I saw this some where. It sounds like something a 12 year old would like to try. Might be messy, but fun. Take a party picture to remember her birthday.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: 12th Birthday Party Ideas

By coolbeanwalker 2 2

My daughter is having her 12th birthday in a couple of weeks. We're struggling for party ideas with a cheap, but cheerful price. Any suggestions?

By coolbeanwalker from west Sussex, north Yorkshire

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By missbeccaoneill 1 Flag

It depends on the type of girl she is! If she's a girly-girl then maybe a pamper party by inviting friends round and playing Just Dance on the wii and having manicures and makeovers with cosmetics you have in your house! But if she is a tomboy maybe a laser/quasar party or go karting or even paintballing if she's tough enough! Hope this helps!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Ideas Daughter's 12th Birthday

My daughter is celebrating her 12th birthday in July. We are all not sure what we would want to do. On previous birthdays we had parties. Now we would want to do something different. Please help.

By Naa B. from Ghana

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Elizabeth 200 Flag

I just heard the other day of a child that wanted no gifts other than have her guests bring something for the homeless shelter or some other organization that is dependent on donations. The local animal shelter always needs things as the shelter for battered women and the food bank. Just an idea. Then just have the cake and ice cream and play some games or go to the pool to cool off.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: 12th Birthday Party Ideas

We are having a 12 year old girl's bday party in April and we are trying to come up with something cheap but really creative and where lots of people can come. Any suggestions?

By Maggie

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Best Answer

By Linda.G 2 1 Flag

Here Are 5 ideas For Your Party:

1. Have a Hollywood themed party with walkways, and put on a fashion show. Let the girls dress up as their fave pop stars.

2. Have a beauty party. Get the girls to do makeovers, and dress them up. Take pictures of every girl, then let them be on the front cover of a magazine.

3. Have a slumber party. Let the girls watch a movie, tell secrets, play games, and other stuff to make it a party they will never forget

4. Go to a fun place (For ex. go ice skating/ roller blading or to the arcade or to a spa) After that get the girls to come home and hang out.

5. Have a DIY (Do It Yourself) party. The girls can make headbands, shirts, anything and can still have fun. You can also play games.

When my daughter was 11 (I know a year younger. She's almost 12 though) we went mini-golfing, go carting, arcade, and laser tag. She loved it, and so did all of her friends. Good luck. Hope these 5 ideas helped!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: 12th Birthday Party Ideas

I have an almost 12 year old daughter and she seems to want to do more expensive stuff. What should I do?

By Jeni

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Stephanie 155 243 Flag

My kids have a budget for their birthday parties. They purchase the cake, snacks, favors, and pay for the activities. This really helps keep the parties reasonable, especially since they get to keep any money that's left over. I think this teaches an important lesson in budgeting (for example, they've learned that they can choose a more expensive activity if they invite fewer friends and have a homemade cake instead of a store bought one, and if they have the party at 2:00 they can save money by not buying pizzas, etc.).

When my daughter turned twelve she invited two friends to have manicures and pedicures done at the beauty school in town. This year for her 13th, she decided to skip the party entirely and put the money toward the phone we got her for her birthday.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: 12th Birthday Party Ideas

My younger sister is having her 12th birthday party. She wants something not too babyish and she only wants a few friends over. She wants a really fun theme. Please help I want this to be a birthday she will never forget.

By Caitlin B.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Best Answer

By torigrace.estes 1 Flag

I was on a website and saw this idea: Black light Highlighter Party. Ask your party guests to bring an old white T-shirt. When they get there pass out different colored highlighters. Replace the lights in the rooms with Black light bulbs. Have them decorate there shirts with the highlighters to make a glow in the dark wardrobe!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Cheap 12th Birthday Party Ideas

I need a birthday idea asap, but one that is cheap and not in the house because it's not that big. If there are bday ideas for a small house, I really want to know. Thanx.

By bdi

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By abcgirl01 1 Flag

I am having a party in a few months and I thought of a neon party. You can hang out with friends in the dark and use lots of glow sticks. The best thing is, it's cheap and you can do it in a small room

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: 12th Birthday Ideas

What can a 12 year old do for her birthday?

By B.D

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By emily_olivia_miles 1 Flag

You could go ice skating or have a cooking party.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: 12th Birthday Party Ideas

By katie 1

My daughter is having her 12th birthday party! She doesn't know what to do. We want to do something very fun and creative! Any ideas?

By Katie from LA, CA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By sizzle 1 1 Flag

For my 10th birthday party we did a juniour master chef party. I invited about 15 girls but could easily be done with more. The girls got to choose what to cook from the ingredients given and time limit one team did an entree and another main and dessert. We also did party games while one team used the kitchen. Hope this helps

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Ideas for Daughter's 12th Birthday

By Darynicole 1

I currently live in Cleburne, Texas. My daughter is turning 12 in just 3 weeks, in October She wants a birthday party with about 4-5 friends, but we have no clue what to do. She is girly, but sometimes can be a tomboy. We want something cheap and easy to plan, but really fun. She wants a slumber party, but my house is not that big. I need help now please!

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B. 6 2,509 Flag

I do not think that you need a big house for a slumber party. You could have the girls bring sleeping bags, and they could all bed down in the living room or in a basement rec room, if you have one. They could watch movies and play board games. It does not have to be expensive or elaborate. If you have other family members perhaps they could go visit grandma for the evening, or perhaps the girls could all squeeze into your daughters bedroom to sleep. You do not need a large house to host a party for 12 year old girls.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: 12th Birthday Party Ideas

By katie6489 1

My daughter is turning 12 in September and we need cheap birthday ideas. She is having 4 friends over for a pamper/sleepover, but I would like to do an activity with them outside the house. Any suggestions? We have a bugdet of maybe $30-40, but I think she would also like to invite more friends to the out of house activity!

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Myrna 17 1,083 Flag

Birthday cookout, picnic and/or campfire sounds like a fun idea and maybe have a large tent for sleepover if you want to stretch the time. Outdoor games and if no pool, then a water hose will do or water slide and water balloons sounds cool and refreshing on a hot day. Also, a cooler of ice for lots of cold drinks and ice cream cones or watermelon and sitting in the shade enjoying fun with friends and party foods.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: 12th Birthday Party Ideas

My daughter it having her 12th brithday party on the 20th-21st of September. She doesn't want a girly party as she is inviting boys. She wants a wet theme, but our pool will be too cold at the time of the party. Could I please have some ideas. There are approximitly 14 people coming.

By Jessica

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Best Answer

By Stephanie 155 243 Flag

Hawaiian Luau or tropical themes are easy and Oriental Trading Company has a lot of inexpensive decorations and such for that theme. I went to a luau party once where everyone got leis, they had tropical themed food, we had skewers (kids love making their own), and they had this silly vinyl plastic deal that you hang in a doorway where they have the hole for you to put your face in for pictures. I bet the kids would love that. Or another idea, for my 12th birthday we wrote a script and created our own movies with mock commercials- my mom filmed. It was extremely silly and we had a lot of fun (of course at the time camcorders were brand new, so it was a novelty). You could also see if you city has an indoor pool you could take them too. It's a pretty popular party option here.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: 12th Birthday Party Ideas

My daughter is having her 12th birthday party and inviting some boys. She don't know what to do and doesn't want it to be expensive, can you help me please?

By Stefanie. L

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Carissa B. 1 Flag

Well I suggest buying shaving cream and giving two bottle of it to ever kid(you should have a hose and towles ready) park cars away from the place the kids will play and they can have a shaving cream fight. Its way more fun then It sounds. The only rules are no by the car because it can ruin the paint and no face and if someone accidently gets it in the face just take water with one of the towles. Oh and make them stand under the hose before they go in the house because you don't want shaving cream all over.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: 12 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

My daughter is turning 12 in May and her birthday is the last day of school. Most of all of her friends are boys and she's not a girly girl. Any ideas?

By Alicia from Clarksville, TN

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Best Answer

By borrowedmagic 1 Flag

May is often a nice time of year to get outdoors so maybe you could stage the party at a public park or indeed any public space. A treasure hunt can be a huge hit with kids this age. It's a bit more grown up than a scavenger hunt - you'll need to give them clues to solve and follow. Depending on the numbers you could split them into teams, or just focus on getting them to co-operate with each other. It can be good to create a mix of clues that let different people shine - for instance you could have crytic clues, anagrams, directions that involve locating north or using a compass, map reading, memory clues, musical clues etc. Really the only limit is your imagination!

The hunt can take up a lot of time and running about outdoors will burn off lots of energy which pre-teen boys have in abundance! Follow it with either a picnic lunch or a barbecue if the local by-laws permit, and then some lazing about afterwards!

If a treasure hunt isn't appealing you could try a few thrift stores for some over-sized garden games. It's not hard to make some of your own: an old sheet could be painted to make a giant x-o's game, or a twister game. You could make a hoop toss out of cardboard hoops and sticks hammered into the ground.

Water fights are fun at any age, and a cheap alternative to paint ball and quasar type outings. You could hide stashes of water balloons in the back yard and round up any variety of water pistols from friends and family (everyone has at least one of these!) or as a "craft" the kids could make their own water pistols from plastic water bottles. Just be sure to let everyone know they will need a change of clothes!

If you prefer to plan an indoors party, center it around a quiet activity (I must sound paranoid about the energy levels of boys!). I'm imagining an indoor cinema - if you could beg or borrow or rent a projector. Could you clear the furniture out of a room, lay cushions and bean bags for the kids to lounge on, and hang a white sheet on the wall to create a movie screen (command hooks are the business for hanging anything and everything). Pick a movie with a sports or action theme. If you fill up the kids on home made popcorn while they watch the movie you can save a bundle on party food because they just won't be able to eat as much as normal!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Games for a BBQ Birthday Party

My daughter turning 12 in March. She want a BBQ party. What sort of thing, in the way of party games, can I plan? I need help. Please.

By Stephen

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Best Answer

By Louise B. 6 2,509 Flag

A scavenger hunt around a neighbouring park or your neighbourhood or yard might be fun. A treasure hunt is good. You divide the guests into two or more teams, and they follow clues to more clues (about 4 is good), and then to the final treasure. I usually have a treasure (small treats or little games) for each team, and the first team to find their treasure gets the glory of winning!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: 12 Birthday Party Ideas

My 11 year old girl will turn 12 in January on a Friday. So I need some suggestions please.

By Cianni

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By skye harrison 1 Flag

Hi,

I suggest doing an indoor spa and sleepover party. For the spa part, you could purchase a face mask, paint nails, do makeup, braid hair, wash feet in a small basin, and put bubble bath in bowls for a hand wash.

After, you could watch a movie and order pizza and cake with ice cream. Them they could get into pajamas and put frozen cucumbers on their eyes, watch Tv, and lights out at like 11:30 and in the morning you could make pancakes and detoxyfying smoothies and paint toenails and have a dance party and record karaoke. Then parents would pick them up.

Hope I helped!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: 12th Birthday Party Activities

My daughter wants both boys and girls attending her birthday party, but I can't think of any activities for the party.

By B.D

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By meggymoo 5 Flag

This is a simple cheap idea go go karting then to pizza hut then go back to yours for a sleepover, then watch a film.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: 12th Birthday Party Ideas

By meghanmcgrotty 1

My little sister is turning 12 on September 14th, but can't decide what to do. She doesn't want to throw a big disco, as she had one last year and will be a teen next year and will throw one. So she wants something girlyish for a few friends, but cheap too. She was going to go for just a meal and come back and have a few friends staying, but does not feel as if that's special enough, She doesn't want something to grown up, but not to babyish either. Please help with answers as soon as possible. Thank you.

Madison

By meghan

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By hannahmrostron 1 Flag

You should just do something like going out for tea and maybe bowling. You could also organise a sleepover if they're not inviting many. Hope this helps.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Girl's 12th Birthday Party Ideas

By maddy:) 1 1

My daughter's b-day is in June and she has no ideas for it and needs help! She just said no salon stuff and it has to be cheap. We would like something we could do at home that boys and girls will like.

By Maddy:)

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By garnet9 1 40 Flag

Remember the game show "Minute to Win It"? That would be fun to re-create some of those games for the group to try.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Ideas for Girl's 12th Birthday Party

What kind of party would a 12 year old like?

By Rose

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B. 6 2,509 Flag

I think you should ask her.

Many little gals like a girlfriends sleepover - the more the merrier. They might just watch movies and play board games and eat pizza and cake. Others might like to do each other's hair and have a spa evening - facials &/or do manicures. You need to bounce some ideas around with the birthday girl.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

My daughter just turned 12, but we aren't having a party for a few days or weeks. We need ideas asap. Thanks.

By Brianna from Burlington, KY

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By cnufland 1 Flag

Do go carts 12 year olds don't care where it is they want to have fun. for ex. zoo, neon, Slumber party have snacks and just have fun!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: 12th Birthday Party Ideas

I am looking for fun things to do for a 12 year olds party.

By Raquel

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Linda S. 5 Flag

My granddaughter had a Hollywood mystery party for her 10th birthday my daughter in law bought dresses at the thrift store and they got all fancied up. adults joined in the fun. My son even had a tux from thrift store this took some time and searching. The cake was decorated like the Hollywood hills sign and each kid had a script. They loved it.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Ideas for Girl's 12th Birthday

My younger sister is turning 12. She doesn't know what to do for her birthday. Last year she didn't do much because she couldn't decide, so this year I really want some ideas. Please help. Thank you.

By B.S.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Suntydt 75 877 Flag

My daughter wanted to take a couple of her friends to a local pizza/arcade place. Kind of like a Chucky Cheese. If this is something your sister may like and there is a Chucky Cheese is your area, you can go to the CC site and sign her up on their birthday list with your email. You will get an email with offers (coupons) to make a good time there affordable.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: 12th Birthday Party Ideas

By Isabelle Richardson 1

My daughter is having a party with her friends. She is turning 12 and she wants the theme to be trampolines as she does not have one, but loves them. She also doesn't mind roller skating. Please help me think of other ideas.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B. 6 2,509 Flag

Is there a place with trampolines or a roller skating rink that you could take the kids to? Is it affordable? (I don't know what the customs in your area are, but I usually paid entrance fees for my party guests, but I also have sent money to pay for the event when it was some especially expensive outing, such as a day skiing or paint balling.) If so, go with what you daughter wants, and then do a lunch, cake and presents, and call it a party. I used to take my son and his guests to the pool for a couple of hours, then home for a hot dog roast, cake and present opening. Done. It was a classic recipe. If these ideas are too expensive, you could go to a park and have a soccer game or softball game, play badminton or volleyball, or run a scavenger hunt for natural things you might find in the park or wooded area. Your daughter seems to want an active party. I would certainly encourage that.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: 12th Birthday Party Ideas

By Kylee B. 1

My little sister is turning 12 and she wants it to be in our front yard and wants it to involve water. Does anyone have any ideas?

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B. 6 2,509 Flag

Water fight with water balloons and water pistols. Kids love this, and it is harmless. You might also see if you can get a slip and slide. That might be fun as well. If you opt for the waterfight, make sure kids know ahead of time so they can bring a change of clothes and/or come dressed in bathing suits with something dry to change into. Have larger pails to put water in available so that the water mess is all outside and everyone can get refilled quickly. Works best on a hot, hot day when getting soaked feels wonderful rather than chilly!!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: 12th Birthday Party Ideas

By jacqui.roberts 3

My daughter is going to be 12. She only wants about 10 friends, all girls, and she is quite a girly girl! We have had lots of parties at home and she doesn't want it babyish. Her birthday is the 17th of September and we are going to do it on a Saturday, the 19th. Any advice?

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B. 6 2,509 Flag

A 12 year old should have lots of ideas. Many girls like an at home-spa party, and you can google for ideas for that. Some like things like games or activities like going to a movie or pool and then party lunch. Perhaps she would like a fancy dress party, with something like fancy sandwiches, iced tea, delicate dainties, etc -- something like "high tea" as something different for lunch. Another popular activity might be group cooking-- mini pizzas with a variety of toppings, ice cream sundaes, etc.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: 12th Birthday Party Ideas

By Madison O. 1

My daughter wants to have a pool party, but her birthday is the 12th of September. So what should I do? I have tried looking at indoor pools, but they are all really expensive.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B. 6 2,509 Flag

How would she feel about having the party earlier in the year? I think at 12 I would have been just as happy to have it earlier so that I could have had the type of party that I wanted.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: 12th Birthday Party Ideas

By iljzassaltgatb333 1

Where should I take my daughter for her 12th birthday party? My daughter is very artsy, creative, and very much a girly girl. She has no idea where to go. We don't want the party in our house, but she would like to take a few of her closest friends, all girls probably, somewhere fun, but not at home. Any ideas? Also we live in Los Angeles. Please tell me what you think. Thank you.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Donna 309 325 Flag

How about checking out any local beauty schools for inexpensive 'day of beauty' treatments like a hair styling, facial, manicure, pedi...many offer parties where I live but I am not in LA. Or you could go to that great big soda distributor (sorry the name eludes me right now, google it) and let them create their OWN signature sodas!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: 12th Birthday Ideas

My daughter wants to invite about 3 friends and she has no idea what she wants to do. Her absolute favorite color is pink, but she isn't a girly girl. What should I do for her birthday?

By Ann Onomous

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B. 6 2,509 Flag

With only 3 guests, you have a lot of possibilities. Some ideas off the top of my head are - a spa afternoon, going to the movies, a sleepover with games night &/or movies, going to a pool, trip to a museum or science center. Birthday lunch can be very informal - a hot dog roast in the back yard, birthday cake or maybe making pizzas or sundaes. Or, with only 4 altogether, you could take them out to a fancier restaurant for a "classy meal" or high tea or something a little bit special. Run some of these ideas past your daughter, and see what she thinks she and her friends might like to do.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: 12th Birthday Party Ideas

My daughter wil be turning 12 at the end of February 2015. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would most definitely appreciate it. Please and thank you.

By J.E from Lawndale, CA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By 1531659 1 Flag

Trust me I know what a 12 year old girl wants take her on a trip like for example. When I was turning ten, all I wanted was to go to the beach. I always talked about it so look deep and listen to the kids. They will give the answer to you they might be trying to hint you you just don't realize it!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Ideas for Daughter's 12th Birthday Party

My daughter's 12th is coming up soon and she has no clue of what she wants to do. She doesn't want to have a sleepover or anything that has to do with being near our house. I was thinking of getting hiring a limo, but there are no limos that pick you up and then drop you off, then pick you up and take you to a new place, and then drop you home. She was thinking of going for a meal and then going to the cinema. Are there any limo companies that pick you up drop you off and pick you up and drop you off to another place?

By Casey A.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: 12th Birthday Party Ideas

I really need some ideas for my daughter's birthday. It's in one week. She doesn't want a girly girl party. Please help. We live in Spain so we would also like some outside games or even challenges.

By Nina from Spain

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By DCA 4 1,344 Flag

An easy online search will provide dozens of good answers. Just type in: tween outside party ideas

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: 12th Birthday Sleepover Game Ideas

My daughter is having her 12th birthday in November. She's not girly, but she's not too tomboyey. She wants to have a sleepover, but we want some games for it. But she doesn't want the games to be scheduled. Please help us.

By Maddy

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Vi Johnson 286 801 Flag

Our great granddaughter will be 12 in Dec. and her grandma is having a day "spa" party for her. Since your 12 year old isn't girly, How about a craft party, There are tons of craft ideas that is available on the internet. With Christmas coming so fast, They could make gifts for friends and family.

Another idea, Have them make cookies /candy to take to a nursing home or V.A. hospital and sing a song or two. Or recite a poem, They are old enough to do something for others while having fun. It will make them feel good also. Make cards of best wishes out of construction paper and pictures from seed catalogs/magazines etc. Teach them to be grateful now, while they are still young. In the next couple of years it will be to late for most.

Happy 12TH Birthday!

And Mom, Have fun whatever you decide. GG Vi

http://littlemisscraft.com/Rose_Tissue_Paper_Flower-10_1

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: 12th Birthday Party Ideas

I'm really stuck. My daughter is having a birthday party for her 12th and I'm stuck for ideas on what to do. She is a girly girl, but not into pamper parties. We also can't have it at the house. Any ideas? (It needs to be near Chichester)

By TLB

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By laurenelaine 1 Flag

1. Have a paint party. Have the party members bring white clothes and set out paint slip n slides and water balloons filled with paint! And games like that.

2. Have a bonfire with all their friends at the beach and bring blankets and pillows.

3.go paddle boarding.

4.stay In a hotel for a night with a bunch of friends.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: 12th Birthday Party Ideas

My daughter is having her 12th birthday party with 5 to 8 friends. She wants it to be a sleepover and doesn't want anything girly! We have no idea what to do. Please help!

By Tina T.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By lissiloo 1 Flag

My idea is that they watch scary movies, maybe have a campfire, or just have them play outside with water balloons.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: 12th Birthday Party Ideas

By katie keenan 1 2

My friend's daughter is turning 12. She has no clue of what to do for her birthday party. She has already done the spa theme and Halloween party (birthday is in October). Any suggestions?

By Katie

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By ShaynaBayna 1 Flag

One thing I loved for my 12th b-day is tween choice awards. Before the party, decorate the ballot box for votes, and cut up tons of slips of paper. The girls can nominate each other for things like best hair, cutest shoes and most amazing friend. Then at the end of the party you can give prizes to the winners, like chocolate bars. Hope I helped!:)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: 12th Birthday Party Ideas

My daughter is 12 already (her birthday was in July), but we haven't had a party yet. She want's something with friends that is also safe for her 2 year old sister. She also wants to have a wet party, but our pool is way to small.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: 12th Birthday Party Ideas

My daughter is turning 12 August 7th. She want's her party in the front yard. There is going to be both girls and boys. What things can I do to make the party fun and cool?

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Load More

Archive: 12th Birthday Ideas

I really need help. I am trying to plan my 12th birthday, but I am clueless! I want to invite my friends who are older then me and I want it to be fun for everyone. If anyone has any ideas please tell me because I am really clueless and my birthday is in august!

Callie

Answers:

Toga Party

You could do a toga party! (07/02/2005)

By Karli

Pizza Party!

My daughter will be turning 12 on Saturday. Here's our suggestion:

If you have a low-cost Pizza place like "Eats-A-Pizza" plan it there. It only costs $3 a person and you can ask everyone to bring their own money for it, if they can.

Or you can have a "pizza making" party. Where you all make the pizza's yourselves at home and rent a movie with lots of popcorn & pop.

Hope it's a great day for ya'll. (07/26/2005)

By StockpilesRus.com

Disco Party

I am having my 12th birthday soon, I am having a Disco themed party. Everyone has to dress up, and we are going to have two contests, one for best costume, and another for best disco dancer. It is going to be in my basement, because it is dark, and I am going to have a fog machine, disco ball and lights, you don't have to have this stuff because it is expensive, but it is more fun! I think this is going to be a fun party, if anyone has any ideas, post them!
                    (08/18/2005)

By Bry

Dance Party

For my 12th birthday party I am having a dance party. My friends are coming over and we are going to go down into my basement where it will be decorated as a dance club (one section). Since my mom doesn't like to spend a lot of money on B-day parties, she is borrowing her friends dance floor and we are hanging streamers up on the walls for cheap wall covers (since my walls are tan). My mom will run to Safeway to get their chicken platters (cheap) and a cool cake. (11/03/2005)

By MADISON

Sleepover

I'm inviting all my girlfriends over for a sleepover. First, we'll go to the park and then go swimming in my pool. Then we'll go back home and relax, play games, dance, listen to music, etc. After that, we'll have movie madness and play movies non-stop. We'll dance some more and talk about girl stuff. Then the next morning we'll make pancakes and give each other makeovers.v (06/18/2006)

By Emily

Backwards Party

I am about to have my 12th birthday too, 2 things that you could do is you could have a backwards themed party and have everyone wear their stuff backwards and come in the backdoor and open presents before anything else and stuff like that. Even write backwards on the cake or some thing.

The other one is a black light themed party, wear everything that glows in the blacklight, get glow necklaces and stuff too. I hope it works out for you! Have a great 12th!

piper (06/29/2006)

By piper

Haunted House

A great idea is a sleepover! I have had 3 in a row from my 9th birthday until my 12th. I have many friends that are older than me and they loved them! When is your birthday? Mine is in october so we go to haunted houses and have costume games. I'm into sports so we usually play those in our costumes. Another good idea to do at your party is a dance off. They are very fun and hilarious! i hope you have a great birthday! Good luck planning! (07/20/2006)

By katie

Archive: 12th Birthday Party Ideas

I need ideas for my daughter's 12th birthday party.

Tyieshaka from Houston, Texas

Answers:

RE: 12th Birthday Party Ideas

It all depends on what she's into. Here's some themes to consider:

• Salon/make over sleep over
                    • fear factor party
                    • 50's dance (grease)
                    • DIY party (decorate T-shirts, make purses, tie dye, etc.)
                    • luau
                    • club/dance disco party
                    • hollywood theme
                    • roller skating
                    • swimming
                    • hotel party
                    • video game party
                    • cheerleading party
                    The haunted house idea would be fun. For my little sisters birthday we had a wonka party. We had tons of candy and candy related games. I have pictures if you want to see them. (10/01/2006)

By Tah Tah

Sleepovers are the most fun.

You should have a sleepover. those are always fun. Rent lots of movie and make lots of popcorn and put whip cream on whover falls asleep first. I did that before. It was hilarious! It was way fun!
                    (10/29/2006)

By Alexys

RE: 12th Birthday Party Ideas

You should have a mystery party. I'm turning 12 in January and I am a having a cheerleading mystery dinner party. Its very fun. Go to google and search for mystery dinner kits for kids or teens. Something should pop up. I hope I helped! (01/02/2007)

By Rylee

Archive: 12 Year Old Girls Birthday Party Ideas

Archive: 12th Birthday Party Ideas

What could I do for my 12 yr old's birthday party?

Archive: 12th Birthday Party Ideas

I need ideas for my son's 12th Birthday Party. We are having boys and girls. Most all the ones invited are soccer players but every year we have had soccer themes and we usually have his parties where the entertainment part is included. This year he wanted to have it at the house. I would like ideas to make this party cool! Thanks.

By Casie from TX

Feedback:

RE: 12th Birthday Party Ideas

Since you are having boys and girls that are "tweens", you might do the "Happy Days" 50's theme. Have guests dress in 50's attire, like Fonzy and girls with ponytails and big skirts. Play 50's music and have a dance! (04/14/2009)

By vguy

Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayFebruary 29, 2012
                    ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
                    Daughters Horse Riding Daddy
                    Raising Girls
                    12th Birthday Party
                    Coed 12th Birthday Party Ideas
                    Blue letter blocks spelling out happy birthday.
                    17th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls
                    12th Birthday Party
                    12th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
                    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 12:06:51 PM on 10.0.2.59 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesSolutionsQuestionsProductsArchives
                    NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
                    Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
                    BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
                    CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings