Browsing: 12th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

12th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls

Planning a successful birthday party for your young teen can be a challenge. This is a guide about 12th birthday party ideas for girls.

13 year old gift ideas
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

October 19, 2009 Flag

I have a sister who is 12 years old and she can't decide what to do for her party. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of where to go?

By M-J from WA

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Ever since my daughter was little, we have done themed parties. They honestly are not as hard as one might think, and you can tie all your food and games into the theme as well. Some of the themes we used were a luau, 70's party, beach party, camping party, and this year for my daughter's 12th birthday we are having a fiesta themed party. For the camping theme we set up tents in the back yard, had a fire pit to roast hot dogs and marshmallows, had a scavenger hunt, potato sack races, egg on a spoon relay race, and flash light tag when it got dark. Just an example of what we did, but there are definitely more things you could do with this theme. Also we listen to scary camp stories around the campfire. We found recorded stories online, and the girls loved it. Hope this gives you some ideas.

Read More Answers...

July 21, 2016 Flag

My daughter is turning 12 and she wants 13 people over. What should I do for party ideas? The party is at a park.

I always like a scavenger hunt; since it is in a park, you could make one up with nature items (particular kind of leaf, a feather, rock shaped like something eg heart, 3 dandelions, a 4 leaf clover, etc). Another idea is to have some sort of group games; you have enough for teams -- volleyball, soccer, softball, etc.

May 17, 2013 Flag

My daughter is having her 12th birthday party and she's having about 25 girls over, but she doesn't know what to do. She wants to go somewhere fun and cheap. I would love if you could give some ideas. We live in Portland, examples: JJ Jump, Oaks Park, or Sky High.

By Madison

Best Answer

I grew up going to Oaks Park and have wonderful memories from there. (I live in So.Cal. now)

With 25 girls this is probably not the answer but years ago, with my daughter, I took them to a beauty school (pre-arranged) for a beauty treatments. It seems now a days that is not a treat for a lot of girls, but it could be an idea for another time or a smaller group....they could all get manicures,or something like that. More recently my daughter-in-law had a "spa" party in her home with different "beauty stations", mani's, pedi's, hairdo's, facials, makeup. She just got some high school girls who acted as beauticians. They took pictures later and put them in frames they had decorated while waiting for some of the "services". All felt very glamorous after it was all done, and oh yes they all brought special outfits to pose in. Your biggest problem is the number of girls involved. Good luck!

Read More Answers...

January 21, 2013 Flag

My daughter is going to be 12 soon and she wants to have some sort if party with a few friends. I don't have no clue at all. She said she doesn't want anything like bowling and she doesn't want anything too babyish. Can you please, please give me some ideas? Thank you.

By Chloe

Best Answer

Have a make up party. Have the guests bring some old dress up clothes, what ever they want, put them in a pile on the bed. Then buy some cheap make up, eye shadow, liner, nail polish, etc. Do their hair. After they are all made up they can pick out some clothes to wear. You could have the girls bring old make up from home to have a larger assortment. I saw this some where. It sounds like something a 12 year old would like to try. Might be messy, but fun. Take a party picture to remember her birthday.

Read More Answers...

January 16, 2012 Flag

My daughter is having her 12th birthday in a couple of weeks. We're struggling for party ideas with a cheap, but cheerful price. Any suggestions?

By coolbeanwalker from west Sussex, north Yorkshire

Best Answer

Have like a pizza party, that would be excellent and then after order some go carts cart and race with friends and maybe play water war, too.

Read More Answers...

September 12, 2015 Flag

I currently live in Cleburne, Texas. My daughter is turning 12 in just 3 weeks, in October. She wants a birthday party with about 4-5 friends, but we have no clue what to do. She is girly, but sometimes can be a tomboy. We want something cheap and easy to plan, but really fun. She wants a slumber party, but my house is not that big. I need help now please!

Best Answer

A very easy online search for "tween birthday party ideas" will produce many sites with lots of great ideas and themes.

Read More Answers...

January 25, 2013 Flag

My daughter is having a birthday party, but she doesn't want the girly-girl type because her friends that are boys are going to be there. And we need an inexpensive party place.

By Anonymous Queen

Best Answer

I suggest a dance party. You could rent a local hall for 4 hours. You can bring a radio or an iPod with a dock. At Party Cit,y they sell a bubble machine for about $35 and strobe lights for $20! Also you can get props at the dollar store or Party City! Good luck and I hope my ideas helped.

Read More Answers...

May 24, 2016 Flag

My sister is turning 12 and I want to make this a great birthday for her, but I don't know what theme to do. Anyone got any ideas?

Why not make the age the theme? Anything in 12's. Foot long sandwiches, 12 color cupcakes, flowers or balloons. She could play 12 games, do something from each of the 12 months, have drinks using 12 flavors, get really fun and creative. I hope that helps!!

If you use this or whatever you do use, please share with us!

Read More Answers...

July 14, 2015 Flag

My daughter is turning 12 in September and we need cheap birthday ideas. She is having 4 friends over for a pamper/sleepover, but I would like to do an activity with them outside the house. Any suggestions? We have a bugdet of maybe $30-40, but I think she would also like to invite more friends to the out of house activity!

Best Answer

By "out of the house" do you mean movies or rollerskating, or do you just mean an outside activity. I always used to take my summer birthday parties to the pool, and I have taken a small group to the movies. If it is just outside, a trip to a park - perhaps even having the whole party there, might be nice. You could do a treasure hunt or a scavenger hunt, do activities that are available in the park - badminton, lawn bowling, soccer, etc. I am not sure if I am a big fan of having two groups of party-goers, unless she is inviting quite a large group for the main party, and a couple special friends for an extra sleepover. To invite some for the outing, but not for the main party seems ungracious to me.

Read More Answers...

June 30, 2012 Flag

My daughter is celebrating her 12th birthday in July. We are all not sure what we would want to do. On previous birthdays we had parties. Now we would want to do something different. Please help.

By Naa B. from Ghana

Best Answer

I just heard the other day of a child that wanted no gifts other than have her guests bring something for the homeless shelter or some other organization that is dependent on donations. The local animal shelter always needs things as the shelter for battered women and the food bank. Just an idea. Then just have the cake and ice cream and play some games or go to the pool to cool off.

Read More Answers...

January 11, 2014 Flag

We are having a 12 year old girl's bday party in April and we are trying to come up with something cheap but really creative and where lots of people can come. Any suggestions?

By Maggie

Best Answer

Here Are 5 ideas For Your Party:

1. Have a Hollywood themed party with walkways, and put on a fashion show. Let the girls dress up as their fave pop stars.

2. Have a beauty party. Get the girls to do makeovers, and dress them up. Take pictures of every girl, then let them be on the front cover of a magazine.

3. Have a slumber party. Let the girls watch a movie, tell secrets, play games, and other stuff to make it a party they will never forget

4. Go to a fun place (For ex. go ice skating/ roller blading or to the arcade or to a spa) After that get the girls to come home and hang out.

5. Have a DIY (Do It Yourself) party. The girls can make headbands, shirts, anything and can still have fun. You can also play games.

When my daughter was 11 (I know a year younger. She's almost 12 though) we went mini-golfing, go carting, arcade, and laser tag. She loved it, and so did all of her friends. Good luck. Hope these 5 ideas helped!

Read More Answers...

March 9, 2015 Flag

A great birthday party idea for preteen girls is a Mall Madness birthday party. A Mall Madness birthday party is basically a scavenger hunt in the mall. For example, you could all meet at your house. Once everyone arrives, you could head to the mall. At the mall, everyone would split into groups and get things (a picture with the cashier or ask the cashier for a rubber band, etc.) Once a group gets everything on the list, they get a prize (gift card, toys, cash, beauty products, etc.) After that, pizza is a great way to end the day before everyone either goes home or spends the night! Hope this helps. :)

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 22, 2012 Flag

What can a 12 year old do for her birthday?

By B.D

Best Answer

go ice skating or have a cooking party

Read More Answers...

March 25, 2013 Flag

I have an almost 12 year old daughter and she seems to want to do more expensive stuff. What should I do?

By Jeni

Best Answer

My kids have a budget for their birthday parties. They purchase the cake, snacks, favors, and pay for the activities. This really helps keep the parties reasonable, especially since they get to keep any money that's left over. I think this teaches an important lesson in budgeting (for example, they've learned that they can choose a more expensive activity if they invite fewer friends and have a homemade cake instead of a store bought one, and if they have the party at 2:00 they can save money by not buying pizzas, etc.).

When my daughter turned twelve she invited two friends to have manicures and pedicures done at the beauty school in town. This year for her 13th, she decided to skip the party entirely and put the money toward the phone we got her for her birthday.

Read More Answers...

August 18, 2014 Flag

My daughter is 12 already (her birthday was in July), but we haven't had a party yet. She want's something with friends that is also safe for her 2 year old sister. She also wants to have a wet party, but our pool is way to small. We have a trampoline and swing, but a really small yard and we can't get the deck wet. Help me make it fun please.

By Lena L.

Best Answer

You can have a swapper. Go in groups of 3 or more and then you stay in your groups for 60 seconds. You can swap every 60 seconds so then everyone will have a turn so like 3 on the swings 3 on the trampoline and then 3 in the pool and then swap. Hope this helped.

_dance_girlxx

Read More Answers...
            Load More
            Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayFebruary 29, 2012
            Daughters Horse Riding Daddy
            Raising Girls
            12th Birthday Party
            Coed 12th Birthday Party Ideas
            Blue letter blocks spelling out happy birthday.
            17th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls
            12th Birthday Party
            12th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
            © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 29, 2016 at 12:11:18 AM on 10.0.1.131 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.