Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Ideas For Boxing Themed Party

I want to give my husband a 40th birthday party, but wanted to use a boxing theme. That's his favorite sport. I can't seem to find anything.

By Ana from Yonkers, NY

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By katrina [5]10/11/2010

Why not google "boxing champions," and if you have a printer, print pictures of them and hang around. You can make "frames" for them, inexpensively, fabric over cardboard, etc. See if you can find some inexpensive boxing gloves of various colors, sizes, at thrift stores.

Then if you have a picture of your husband boxing or something, put it up with a twist on Ali's "I am the greatest" saying, "YOU are the GREATEST! and the MOST FABULOUS!" or what have you, and have some balloons from the $1 store making IT the "main attraction!"

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Ideas For Boxing Themed Party

I am planning a boxing theme party for my brother's 40th birthday. Does anyone have inexpensive ideas for food, party favors, and decorations? Thanks.

Melissa from Topeka, KS

RE: Ideas For Boxing Themed Party

You could use aluminum pie plates to make those big belt buckles they give the champions. That and some black fabric over cardboard and the belt is done. And I'm thinking of a cake in the shape of two gloves at the point of impact, two round shapes, two small squares for the wrists, and you just clip out a bit from the rounds to be the thumb. Milk chocolate frosting, and white for the lacing on the wrist. (07/27/2008)

By kimhis