Donating Embroidered Crib Blankets

I embroider crib blankets, and would like to donate them. Does anyone in the Kearny, NJ area know where I can bring them?

Lynda from Kearny, NJ

First of all, may God bless you for your effort to help others. Check in your area to see if any of the churches have Elizabeth Ministries, or if there is a Birthright charity in your area. Elizabeth Ministries supports pregnant women and mothers, and Birthright helps women who have unplanned pregnancies. I'm sure either would love to have your lovingly made blankets, as would the mothers who receive them.

Have you tried the hospitals in your area, even nurserys in town. I`m sure the churches have families that are needy, also.

One of my clients is the New York Foundling Hospital. I'm sure they would be thrilled to have your blankets.

In addition to local hospitals, you can also check with local Quilt shops. Many quilt shops run programs for volunteers making items for children with cancer.

Here in Ohio some of the food pantrys are ran by the churches. Your churches could give them to people in need. Ours here are always glad for donations of clothing, shoes etc. that they can pass out for people having a hard time. God bless your generous heart.

Hi there -

Good for you! I crochet blankets and donate them to my local chapter of Project Linus - www.projectlinus.org. You can go online and check to see if there's a chapter near you.

Besides crocheted blankets, they also accept knit, quilted and sewn blankets in various sizes, for infants to teens. They're given to kids who have been accident and abuse victims, chronically/terminally ill.

Please check them out and again - good for you and keep up the good work!

We have a prayer shawl ministry at church. We knit and crochet blankets and shawls and prayer while we are making them. Maybe your church does something like that.

God Bless you for your giving, loving heart! You are truly blessing the lives of those you come in contact with!

I don't know if you are familiar with a charitable organization called "Heavenly Angels In Need" (H.A.I.N.). The web address is simply www.heavenlyangelsinneed.com. HAIN was founded by a lady who lost a baby following a premature delivery. The purpose of HAIN is to donate blankets, burial clothes, Memory Boxes and other items to hospitals, who distribute them to families who have lost babies due to prematurity, stillbirth, miscarriage or other early death causes. We would be very happy to receive your donations, or to have you work as a volunteer for us in your area.

Please feel free to check out the website and you can tell them that I sent you if you would like!

God Bless,

Sheila Saey in Decatur, IL

I'm a NICU nurse (neonatal icu); women from local organizations donate to our unit. The beautiful hand embroidered, we keep to swaddle the little ones that pass on in. We take pictures and put the pictures & blanket in a memory box for the parents. They have the blanket that was wrapped around their little one forever. The crochet'ed blankets are used to cover the little ones that are doing well with, and the parents treasure them... they are usually the infants first little blankets and go home with the babies. We (the nurses), love getting the gifts, because we take so much pride in making our little ones (for our shift), look so sweet for their families. Thank you to all that have done this. It means so much to all it touches!

Better Living Charity AdviceMarch 16, 2009
One side removed making the crib into a day bed for a toddler.
Alternative Uses for a Crib
young medical professional holding sign- Blood Donors Wanted
Donating Blood
Fabric
Donating Fabric to Charity
bumper pads on stairs
Crafts and Other Uses for Crib Bumper Pads
🎉
🎄