Modernizing a Tiny Kitchen

I want to do a makeover for my mom's tiny kitchen. It has matching paneling and half wallpaper and small white tiles on floor. I just want to renew and modernize it again.

By Makeoverguy

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

We did the same project for a friend. We repainted the ceiling, the walls, and the cabinets white to give it a fresh, clean look. Her old cabinets were 1970s, mustard yellow! On the white cabinets we stenciled a yellow pineapple. Then we found some cheap wooden knobs on ebay and painted them yellow (her old cabinet pulls were metal and gross).

I sewed some new curtains and got a cheap new rug. We used art from around her house that had bright colors and brought it into the kitchen. You can find cheap art at thrift stores or garage sales. Here's a look of the finished kitchen! I wish I could upload the "before" shot. Just picture the cabinets 1970's gold color to match the stove and a dingy curtain and faded walls. This is so bright and cheery! She loves it!

Thanks a lot, I appreciate this. I am going to post a picture of kitchen soon. It was done pretty thoughtful using paneling wall paper cabinets were caramel and matched very well. Thanks a lot again!

<a href="http://www.thri  t;"Painting Laminate Countertops</a>

Using this site, I was able to update my countertops to look like granite for only about $100. I painted my cabinets, added a few knobs, and my kitchen looks fantastic. I cannot recommend this website's "painting laminate countertops" forum enough. Good luck!

Home and Garden Home Improvement RemodelingOctober 6, 2009
Tiny Bow
Making a Tiny Bow
Wood End Table
Refinishing an End Table
Wood Knife Holder
Making a Kitchen Knife Holder
Large Kitchen Fire
Preventing Kitchen Fires
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 5:43:24 PM on 10.0.0.234 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.