Homemade Child Safe Ceramic Floor Tile Cleaner

By Susie 1

In my house we have ceramic tile with little grooves in it. That's the best way I can describe it.

Is there a recipe for a homemade floor cleaner? My pediatrican told me not to use PineSol or Lysol. They contain harmful ingredients that could hurt my baby. So, I don't know what to do.

The lady at the local health food store today told me she uses vinegar and baking soda on her hardware floors. I just want so want something that is safe for my kids. My son is crawling and walking, but likes stuff. Weird, kid-like I know. I need to figure out a good glass cleaner, too. Any suggestions? I bought Tea Tree Oil and Orange Essential Oil.

By Susie from Biloxi, MS

Showing: Answers Sort

By kellk 1 9 Flag

My kids have very sensitive skin and I try not to use any harsh cleaners. I buy vinegar by the gallon and use it for Everything; mop any kind of floors, clean windows,bathtub,sinks, toilets; you name it. I will also use the kids baby wash to clean out the bathtub before bathing them and use hand soap to clean the vanity and sink. If you choose to use products like pine sol just be sure to rise with plenty of water =)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By ETC 4 Flag

Get a floor steamer and add a little peroxide directly to floor (not in steamer), and clean away.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

thr522587 Flag

White vinegar and water for both the floors and windows and for everything else including toilets too! Of course you'll only need to pour maybe a half a cup of vinegar in the toilet since there's already water in it ;-) LOL! For cleaning that needs a paste just mix baking soda and water, rinse and then disinfect with vinegar and water.

I also purchase vinegar by the gallon like kellk does and it lasts a really long time and costs just pennies on the dollar compared to all the chemical cleaners out there!

I don't use anything other than vinegar or baking soda for general cleaning anymore because breathing all those chemicals over all the years greatly aided in causing Emphysema :-(

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Louise B. 6 2,509 Flag

Just don't mix vinegar and baking soda together, as vinegar is an acid, and baking soda a base, and they will neutralize each other, so you will have salt water. They will bubble together, but that is just releasing carbon dioxide. Entertaining, but no cleaning value.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Mopping the Floor
Homemade Floor Cleaner Recipes
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply RecipesFebruary 11, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Mopping the Floor
Homemade Floor Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Painting Ceramic Tile
Painting Ceramic Tile
Cleaning Dirty Tile
Homemade Tile and Grout Cleaner Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 7:42:31 AM on 10.0.1.208 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings