Browsing: Removing Yellow Creases from Stored Dresses

Yellow Creases on Stored Dresses

Did you ever put clothing items away i.e., like an heirloom wedding dress or a christening outfit only to find out that the creases had turned a bit yellow? Well I have a solution for you but only if you can be real patient.

Take the item (you don't even have to wash it) and hang it real secure on a clothesline. Leave it there during rain, snow, sleet, what ever weather it encounters. I did this with a cotton wedding dress that was over 40 years old. I originally hung the dress out in October. and left it there for about 2 months. Keep checking to make sure that the clothespins that you use are nice & tight. Well "lo and behold" the yellow areas came out. This remedy was told to me by a woman that specializes in antique linens. Happy bygone days to yellow marks.

By Joesgirl

Cleaning Old Dresses
Removing Yellow Creases from Stored Dresses
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsMay 26, 2004
Yellowed Wedding Dress
Whitening a Yellowed Wedding Dress
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
"Permanent" Creases on Slacks
Removing "Permanent" Creases from Clothing
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 28, 2016 at 11:04:47 AM on 10.0.2.253 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.