Use Toothpaste to Remove Water Stains from Wood

Any brand of plain, white toothpaste (not gel) will almost always remove a water stain (left by a glass) from your wood table. Rub enough toothpaste over the stain to cover it completely - you don't need a lot (a little more than a thin film is plenty). Leave the toothpaste on the stain until completely dry (this may take a few hours and although it may be awful to look at, I have never ruined a piece of wood by leaving the paste on overnight).

Once dry, simply wipe the toothpaste off with a clean damp cloth. Completely dry your furniture with a clean, dry cloth and then polish as you normally would. As a side note, if you apply the toothpaste with a lint-free cloth, you can use the extra paste left on the cloth to apply to your clean bathroom mirror. It will help to keep your mirror from excessive fogging after a hot shower.

By Brenda from Deltona, FL

Wow Brenda! This is an amazing tip! It helped me get rid of 10 horrible, old water stains on my dining room table! I cannot believe that this worked. Now, I can show off my wonderful table because it looks brand new!

My kids and I did it together and they enjoyed helping me! =)

Toothpaste Tube
Uses for Toothpaste
Home and Garden Repair Furniture TablesSeptember 16, 2008
Toothbrushes in Holder
Cleaning a Toothbrush Holder
Toothpaste coming out of tube on black background
Cleaning with Toothpaste
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Cleaning Well Water Stains from a Bathtub
Tube of toothpaste.
Removing Toothpaste Stains from Clothing