Make Tomato Soup from Spaghetti Sauce

I just discovered a great way to make quick, delicious tasting tomato soup. You may have heard that chemicals in the lining of some cans leaches out and may contaminate the food inside. This is especially true of tomato products. In place of canned tomato soup, I used a jar of spaghetti sauce (any brand will do) and milk to make a delicious soup. I used equal amounts of tomato sauce and milk and added some cooked rice. I was so pleased with the result and didn't worry about chemicals from the cans in my soup. It's so quick and easy. Hope you enjoy it too!

You can also sprinkle the top with your favorite shredded cheese. Yummy!

By Carol from Hswthorne, NY

What a great tip. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Food and Recipes Food Tips Healthy EatingNovember 1, 2010
Peanut Sauce Recipes, Pork satay with peanut sauce dip.
Peanut Sauce Recipes
Spaghetti Sauce in Terracota Pot
Spaghetti Sauce Tips and Tricks
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
plate of spaghetti with tomato sauce
Information about Spatini Spaghetti Sauce Mix
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 20, 2016 at 4:08:47 PM on 10.0.1.236 in 595 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.