Puppy is Having Frequent Accidents

I have a sweet little girl, a 6 week old American Pit Bull Terrier. I've had her for 1 week, and from the first day she did fabulously. All of a sudden yesterday, she began peeing everywhere. Every 30 seconds she'd try to dribble some. I started doing some research, and figured out she probably has crystals in her urine. Bella has no fever, she eats well, and is energetic, so I'm quite sure she doesn't have an infection. Anyone have any advise, home remedy, and recipes for homemade food to combat this?

By lindalee48 from Pewaukee, WI

Urinary Tract Infection [UTI]. She will probably need antibiotics to get rid of the infection.

Hi, I rescue dogs from puppy mills, so I've had a lot of fur babies. I would recommend that you get your sweet little girl to the vet right away! She probably has a bladder infection. Don't let it worsen buy ignoring it. She certainly isn't doing this purposely. Hope she gets well soon. Dorie, Algoma, WI

Of course she is sweet. She's a pittie. Needs to go to vet right away. She is in pain and it can only get worse. Sounds like a UtI --urinary tract infection. Don't let her suffer, please. no vaccines, especially right now. She is probably on overload of vaccines from when she came out of the shelter. Homeo Dr can help you with that. She may be vaccine damaged. Read from vaclib.org to see ingredients in vaccines. homeo nosodes available for her protection. She needs to have her immune system built up by good, clean food and family support. Let me know how it goes please? Muttmom

Your furbaby is only six weeks old. In most states it's against the law to sell a puppy that young, as they need to be with their mother and litter mates until eight weeks. A six-week old puppy has a tiny bladder; if it drinks, it will urinate within ten or fifteen minutes.

If it were a human baby, you'd be changing diapers frequently; with a puppy that young, it's going to be business as usual to have to take it outside as often as it takes a drink.

The bigger it grows, the bigger it's bladder and the longer it will hold the urine in.

Keep an eye on when the pup takes a drink, and take it outside and praise it lavishly. If you're on it, the dog will learn quickly not to go in the house.

Pets Dogs HealthSeptember 9, 2009
Woman with Baby in Stroller
Keeping a Baby Stroller Clean
Crocs Shoes
Cleaning Your Crocs Shoes
Visitation Rights
Visitation Rights After Divorce - Questions and Answers
5 year old boy with his hands in the air.
5 Year Old Having Accidents