Getting a Song Out of Your Head

How do you get a song out of your head? I purchased Reba McIntyre's Duets cd, and I listened to "Because of You" probably 6 times over 2 days. More than I should have and it's been following me around ever since. Just when I think it's gone, it comes back.

Holly from Richardson, TX

One thing for obsessive thoughts is to put a rubber band around your wrist and snap it every time the unwanted thought ( song ) pops into your head. Worth a try.

At first I thought this was a joke. I have had this happen to me as well so I understand your situation. I try and start singing another song or listen to the radio. Normally the last song on the radio I have heard is stuck in my head for awhile.

I saw Reba /Kelly sing this duet on Oprah recently....and thanks, now it's stuck in my head :-}

It is a great song, though, so I don't mind a lot.

There is a word that has been coined for this phenomenom. It is called an earworm. Very appropriate term!

Perhaps you can try to do anything that will involve a little bit of concentration to distract you. A crossword puzzle might work.

I have had this happen to me many times in the past. It seldom goes on longer than a day or two at a time, but sometimes that is quite long enough to really become annoying.

I worked the front desk at an office years ago and had this happen to me with the song, "Love Is In The Air." Till that day was over, I had passed along that little "earworm" to many others that worked there. All day long, I had people say to me, "Now I can't get that song out of my head." Hey, if you can't cure it, than share it! lol

Consumer Advice General AdviceOctober 15, 2007
Rustic birdhouse.
Scrap Wood Birdhouses
Framing Wedding Song Lyrics
Framing Wedding Song Lyrics
iTunes icon on a phone
Getting Rid of Duplicates in iTunes
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
🎉
🎄