Removing an Old Carpet Stain

My daughter had spilled something purple on my tan carpet. I thought I got it up but now its seems to be gathering dirt and it's getting dark. How do I get it out?

By CraftyMom from Pasco, FL

Answers

I think you still have the stain in the padding under the carpet and usually it will come on back through. Sometimes too, dampness can bring a stain back.

There is a product I buy at Kroger grocery store in Houston, TX USA called Incredible. It literally will get out anything, in my experience.

Otherwise I'd look for an oxi type product and/or one that is specifically for organic stains like blood.

I have heard that plain club soda will get red wine out of light carpet. maybe that will work. but I think the big deal is the pad underneath. You'll have to really blot, blot, blot after using whatever product you decide on.

Good luck to you!

Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetOctober 4, 2010
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
shoe polish
Removing Shoe Polish from Carpet
Coffee Stain on Carpet
Removing a Coffee Stain from Carpet
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 25, 2017 at 1:46:03 AM on 10.0.2.145 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.