Ingredients To Make Homemade Laundry Detergent

Someone posted a recipe for your own clothes washing detergent. I have been unable to find Fels Naptha.

Also, what is the difference in washing soda and baking soda? Thanks.

Linda from Saratoga, AR

Here are a couple of places where you can get Fels Naptha

http://www.soapsgonebuy.com/Product ... p?ProductCode=D1001&Show=ExtInfo

http://www.dialcorp.com/index.cfm?page_id=47

Here is a link on washing soda:

http://www.soapsgonebuy.com/Product ... ?ProductCode=AH1001&Show=ExtInfo

Here is a link that discusses the difference between washing soda and baking soda:

http://www.thediaperhyena.com/cloth ... erarticle_bakingsoda_washingsoda.htm

I get Fel's Naptha, Borax and Washing soda all from my local Kroger's store. Look high on the shelf in the laundry section. Also if you email Arm and Hammer with any questions about their products they will mail coupons to you.

I use an equal amount of borax and baking soda. I think it was a 8 lb box of borax and then 8 of the baking soda boxes. I even just used the Generic that Walmart had. I have had the same (plastic with a lid) box from the old soap powder for more then a year since I just keep up the mix when it gets low.

I also noticed that the softener I use is allot more noticeable with these as washing agent without using as much as well.

Washing soda is 100% sodium carbonate. I get mine from a place that has swimming pool supplies. It is not the same as baking soda.

Editor's Note: If you look in the laundry soap section of the grocery store it is usually on the top shelf with the Borax, Borateem and powdered all fabric bleach. Baking Soda is Bicarbonate of Soda, Washing Soda is Sodium Carbonate like she said. They are different but you can use baking soda as a substitute if you can't find the Washing Soda.

You don't have to use fels naptha soap. Any bar soap will do. It can be another laundry soap like zote, or a body bar like dial or ivory, or even homemade bar soap.

Thanks all...I will be able to make my own washing detergent now. Appreciate all the respondents!!

In our grocery stores around here, the Fels Naptha

soap is stocked where all the bar soaps are.

i found the washing soda at our local mejiers store also found the fels naptha soap at kroger. i haven't made my detergent yet but am looking foreward to trying it

I made my clothes detergent with a bar of Ivory soap, Borax and the washing soda. The recipe that I had said to put pieces of the bar soap into a food processor and process till it becomes a powder. I never got 'powder'. . . more like tiny little balls. How to you get a 'powder' consistency?

You can also get Fels Naptha soap at your local hardware store where you buy lumber, paints, hardware parts, etc.

Consumer Advice Product FinderMarch 30, 2008
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
A washer filled with laundry.
Homemade Laundry Detergent Recipes
Dry laundry detergent stored in glass canisters.
Storing Dry Laundry Detergent
Wheelbarrow Flower Decoration
Crafts Using Laundry Detergent Scoops
🎉
🎄