ElectronicsProduct Reviews

Portable DVD Player Product Reviews

I need some advice on purchasing portable DVD players for my two kids. There are so many choices. I don't know where to start or what is important. Does the brand make much difference? What about the size of the screen? I looked around a little today and noticed that they have different capacities for there battery charge.Some last only 2 hrs while another goes to 3 hrs. I think the longer the better. These are to be Christmas gifts and are mainly for use on long vacation trips or when we have to do some waiting for appointments and such. One child is a teen and the other is 8yrs old. Thank you for your thoughts.

Dorothy from Kingston

I don't know if buying a brand name is any better than buying a no name brand.Usually many electronics are made by just a few manufacturers and are branded with other names. My lady bought a no name portable dvd player for me last Christmas from a clothing store of all places and it has worked very well. Also many dvd discs are now being formatted to play on HD dvd so if you buy a portable dvd player you may want to check to see if the portable dvd player you purchase will play the new type of discs.

I have a Phillips and the battery lasts at least three hours, sometimes more. I love it - it's very easy to use.