Portable Craft Ideas for Traveling

If you travel a lot or are planning a road trip vacation, taking a portable craft along can help pass the time. This is a guide about portable crafts for traveling.

My husband is a truck driver. I ride along when I want to travel with him and sometimes I get bored. Do you know of any arts and crafts that I can do? I have been reading books.

By Elizabeth

Have you thought of crochet or knitting, both of these would be good choices. Likewise, quilting can also be done completely by hand. I made a hexagon quilt that covers a king size bed top completely by hand. I took the pieces to work, strung together with thread those needed for each block, and hand stitched them. I built the entire top by hand. Once you get to putting the layers together you will of course need more room. But if you stick to smaller projects you very likely could do the actual quilting in the truck cab, as well. Hope you find a medium you enjoy.