Value of Vintage Portable Record Players?

Portable record players with an internal speaker were available in the 60's and handy for teens to play their own music. This is about determining the value of vintage portable record players.

I've looked just about everywhere and I can't seem to find this record player. The closest thing I could find was given about a million different names. Maybe I'm just not looking under the right names.

The case is a plastic off green maybe a pea green. It plays 16s, 331/3s, 45s, and 78s. It has an automatic start and stop

The only things I can seem to find on it is obviously Zenith solid state. All the stuff needed to run it. The needle type. And that it had come with a genuine diamond tip which was kinda common on most back then.
Please help!

Answers

Best Answer

Here is something similar on eBay. The asking price is $77.

Check eBay often for a good idea of what the selling price for these items are. m.ebay.com/.../352436019195?hash=item520ed2dffb...

Best Answer

Hello! I love the old Zenith turntables. Can you please post a photo of the whole thing and maybe I can tell you more about it.

Some of the ones that are suitcase style (esp. those that were designed for kids or teens) are still quite valuable.

Sadly, some of the old just plain turntables have very little value. It would be helpful to me to see the whole item, so I don't steer you in the wrong direction! Thanks bunches!!

Best Answer

This appears to be just the deck or at least that is all we can see. Do you have a cabinet that it fits in? Do you have speakers? Have you tested it in any way other than just turning it on?

• If this is your complete unit then it may be one of the units that fit inside one of the vintage console cabinets.
  • I'm not sure you will find anything similar if this is all of the unit you have but if you can verify that it works you may be able to sell it without speakers.
  • Probably the value would be somewhere in the vicinity of $35-$45 but only if you can verify that it is in working order.
  • Here is what units are presently listed on eBay but you will usually not find one that is not in a cabinet of some sort and generally always has speakers attached.
  • www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313...
  • www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Zenith+Solid...
  • If there is more to your unit than we see then let us know and maybe someone can give you more accurate information.

What would my childhood record player be worth? It is still in excellent working order.

Answers

Best Answer

This is a UK version and if yours is an exact match, it sold recently on eBay for 43.00 US (and some change). That would be today's market value:

www.ebay.com/.../253970593782?hash=item3b21d3b7f6...

If you find others online that have sold, you can average them together to get the value.

Thanks for sharing! Seeing this was a nice memory!

Best Answer

I have found sites where similar and exact models have been listed on different auction/sales sites over the years but not all were sold. The ones that did sell sold for under $60 and most sold for under $45.

Kingsley is not a well known or sought after brand; their main product was radios and parts for radios and they only produced record players for a few years.

Condition of these record players is of the most importance as the speakers are not that good so these are mostly for "once in a while" use and as a conversation piece.

Your player looks to be in good condition but I do see some flaws.
Is the outside of the case in very good condition?
Do you have the piece for playing 45 records?
Have you tested it lately to be sure it is in good working condition?
Do you have a good needle?
These are the kind of things that a potential buyer would want to know.

These players are still heavy and will not be easy to ship so you may want to list it on a local site like Craigslist, USA4Sale or Nextdoor so it can be seen and picked up with no shipping involved.
On these sites you can list at whatever price you wish and just lower the price if no one shows an interest.

Here is like or similar player with information.

www.radiomuseum.org/.../kingsley_kp_200.html#a

I have a ELPICO RP770 battery operated record player. I can't find anything on the internet about this record player. I am wondering if you know anything about it.

Thanks.

Answers

The only information I can find about this record player is a PDF file that can be downloaded here www.pamphonic.co.uk/Trader_Yearbook_1963.pdf. Other than this nobody seems to be offering this item for sale and there aren't any images of it online that I can find to help you out.

I would go to a vintage record player site or forum to get a bit more help. Maybe they know a lot more about this item because when you search online there is nothing there at all.

I too have tried to find this one. On ebay the have others that are battery operated asking $42 to $180 best offer. These are also vintage with different company names. These are asking price and bids.

I would consult with an old timer radio enthusiast group. Old time and antique radio swap meets, clubs, forums, etc. Your item is technically not a radio but these guys would probably know

grumpy.proboards.com/ - a forum wher you can post a pci and ask
www.grillecloth.com/.../clubusa.php
www.antiqueradio.com/clublist.html - lists of clubs in various regions of the US

more info here antiqueradio.org/findem.htm

It's a Webcore record player, model number 333-2.

Answers

In the $50-$75 range.

Vintage record players range widely in value. Factors that determine resale value include configuration, ie. tabletop, console, etc. Their physical and working condition also plays a large part. Searching for similar players being sold on eBay and other sites can help you reach an estimated value. Parting them out is another option.

Value of a Vintage Magnavox Record Player - turntable and radio in a flip top box

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Consumer Advice Collectibles Vintage Portable Record PlayersJanuary 27, 2019
😷
🐛
📓
🌻
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Value-of-Vintage-Portable-Record-Players.html