Value of a Vintage Magnavox Record Player?
Vintage record players range widely in value. Factors that determine resale value include configuration, ie. tabletop, console, etc. Their physical and working condition also plays a large part. Searching for similar players being sold on eBay and other sites can help you reach an estimated value. Parting them out is another option.
Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.
I have a Magnavox record player model 1p3463. Any ideas on its value?
October 21, 20180 found this helpful
If it is stand alone, about $25. If it is in a fancy cabinet, it is about $200.
Answer this Question...
October 25, 20180 found this helpful
Sorry but the model numbers do not tell us anything about what type of system you have. As far as I have found there is no number list with system information going back before about 2008.
- From my own personal research it does appear there are systems with similar numbers (mostly consoles) so your model number is probably accurate.
- Since we do not know what type of system you have you may just want to look at current listings on eBay and maybe get an idea of what other sellers are listing and their asking prices (maybe dream prices).
- The value will depend on the style, working condition, overall condition, market at the moment, and very important - where the system is located (city/area).
- You will find that most sellers will have "pick up only" with their listings as any of these systems would usually be too costly to ship so different areas of the country may be more interested than others.
- Although some will sell for the asking price, most will not. You can place a "watch" on any similar systems to see if they sell.
I have this old Magnavox chest that opens with a record player and radio inside and speakers in the lid. I'm wondering about the rarity and if it's worth anything. I've searched and seen no others like it. Anyone know?
Answer this Question...
June 5, 20200 found this helpful
I have found one tabletop Magnavox record player listed on eBay for sale. I know it is not exactly like yours and the front of it is very different. However, this person is asking $225 for the record player he is trying to sell. Here is the link to the one listed. www.ebay.com/.../184025352585?hash=item2ad8c40989....
Not finding the exact same record player can be a good thing a lot of time. That means they are harder to find and people might be interested in the one you have. You can try listing this on several sites and see if anyone would be interested in buying it from you. You did not say if it is working or not. If it is working you can ask a higher price for this and then lower your price if someone makes an offer and you are willing to sell it for this price.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.