CollectiblesConsumer Advice

Value of a Magnavox Record Player

I have a Magnavox record player model 1p3463. Any ideas on its value?

If it is stand alone, about $25. If it is in a fancy cabinet, it is about $200.

There are none sold on eBay at the moment so it is had to give you today's market value. eBay sold section is the best way to learn true and accurate value as that is what someone paid for an item.

I will tell you generally these pieces if not in pristine working order, do really, really well on eBay when deconstructed and sold for parts. Sometimes yo can triple the value of the piece that way, especially if you can test the parts that they work!

PS. Can you post a photo? I am wracking my brain to remember what this model looked like.

Are you sure the numbers are correct? Guess I am having a really bad memory day! Thanks!!

Sorry but the model numbers do not tell us anything about what type of system you have. As far as I have found there is no number list with system information going back before about 2008.

• From my own personal research it does appear there are systems with similar numbers (mostly consoles) so your model number is probably accurate.
  • Since we do not know what type of system you have you may just want to look at current listings on eBay and maybe get an idea of what other sellers are listing and their asking prices (maybe dream prices).
  • The value will depend on the style, working condition, overall condition, market at the moment, and very important - where the system is located (city/area).
  • You will find that most sellers will have "pick up only" with their listings as any of these systems would usually be too costly to ship so different areas of the country may be more interested than others.
  • Ad

• Although some will sell for the asking price, most will not. You can place a "watch" on any similar systems to see if they sell.
  • www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313...
  • www.ebay.com/.../172873059094?hash=item2840098b16...

I meant to add this link as it has a lot of information and pictures of vintage Magnavox systems and some prices also.

magnavoxhistory.com/.../

Also, here is a site that you can ask questions but you will need pictures.

antiqueradios.com/.../viewtopic.php?f=13&t=306596