Finding the Value of Antique Record Players

Category Antiques
Some antique record players are rare and, if they are in good condition, can be valuable. This is a guide about finding the value of antique record players.

This is a guide about finding the value of a Caphart record player. Caphart record players date back before the Depression and forward several decades. The value of any individual player will depend on age, condition, and rarity.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Does anyone know how much this cabinet record player is worth? It has been in the family for a while now.

Answers

Best Answer

If this is still in good working condition and both the radio and record player are working you unit is worth $180 to $250. However, if the record player or even the radio aren't working, then the until will only sell for $50 to $75.

I can't seem to find any information on it. It's a dual 1015 record player in excellent condition and functioning and a Sylvania GTE AM FM radio. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

Best Answer

You did not ask for value - only information - (although value is always good) - so maybe you intend to keep this yourself?

• Very few of this type console is listed at on-line auctions as they are almost impossible to ship and that means anyone really interested would live in your area and be able to pick up the console.
  • Research is slow and time consuming but you could do some everyday and pick up pieces of information until you have a better picture of this unit.
  • I have found that it was made in 1966 and is probably in what is called the "Maestro Collection".
  • I will list a few sites that you may be able to contact someone and ask questions. Most of these sites will be collectors but those are the ones with all the knowledge.
  • antiqueradios.com/.../viewtopic.php?f=1&t=174274
  • www.vinylengine.com/faq.shtml#t30n16300
  • www.vintagesylvania.net/

If you would like to try for an appraisal here are a couple of links. This might give a lot of information but?

antiques.lovetoknow.com/Free_Antique_Appraisals_Online

Barneby's charges $17 for an appraisal.

www.barnebys.com/.../

I have a Harmograph type H5135 working talking machine. I cannot find out how much it is worth. My intention is to sell it.
Regards.

Answers

Best Answer

I only found out from this website that it was $113 in the first year of its sale www.radiomuseum.org/.../harmograph_h5135s.html

I would contact a dealer or www.radiomuseum.org for their help.

I have a Pathe record player. Is it worth something?

Answers

Best Answer

Ive seen them on eBay for $300-$500

Would anyone be able to tell me how much this is worth? It is in excellent working condition.

Thanks! :-)

Answers

You need to know the manufacturer and the model number to make any kind of estimate as to its worth.

Anonymous

Hitachi

Not a lot of people will buy these today. However, there are many different ones listed online.

In order to give you the best price who made this? Do you know about how old it is and if all the components are working?

Not sure exactly how old it is, id say esrly 90s & it's manufactured by Hitachi model is T-55L. Still in great working condition & speakers that are with it also work great.

it's manufactured by Hitachi model is
T-55L

I own a RCA Victor record player/stereo. The speakers go up top with speaker covers, not included, (where the DVDs are stored). The record player goes in middle drawer (not included). 2 other drawers pull out as well. It is very heavy. It has the RCA Victor logo. How much is this particular piece worth?

By Tina

Answers

1961 RCA Victor Danish modern cabinet

I purchased this record player console at an estate sale over 5 years ago. It worked back then and only needed a new needle, but I've had it in storage ever since and can't guarantee that it still does. The stereo is a Bogen and the record player is a Garrard. Anyone know how much it's worth? The finish is quite unique so I'm not sure if it's a custom job.

Thank you!

Answers

You need to test this item to see if it is working. Then look at these brands for a month or so on eBay to see what working and non-working items actually sell for. Then you will know how much to price yours

I have a variety of suggestions as I have seen these things sold a variety of ways.

If you are handy, you may do better to take it apart and sell the stereo pieces for parts (working or non working, you can often sell them especially on eBay).

I don't know if this receiver is an exact match, but there was one that fetched quite a bit recently:

www.ebay.com/.../263539075175?hash=item3d5c272867...

The record players only have unsold versions in the completed, but I think they were asking too much (high 50s) and would have probably sold them if they dropped the price. You may want to check back every few days and look at the SOLD auctions to see what an exact match to yours fetches.

The wood case is the wild card here as most people want no parts of them because they are big and heavy. The caveat for this is look for a marking on the wood (back, underside, inside somewhere). Some of the better brand furniture (the Stickleys and Henkel Harris of the world) are of value. This piece has some neat mid century modern lines which people love right now...so there may be someone interested in it.

These are NOT matches...but just to give you an idea of what people are paying for what is out there (it is all over the place when they sell)

www.ebay.com/.../253547042551?hash=item3b0894d6f7...

www.ebay.com/.../112901236528?hash=item1a49702730...

If you want to sell the whole thing as a package, look around the paper, Pennysaver, Craigs List, Facebook Marketplace and see what people in your area are asking for them and then set your price for 10% less.

If you take it apart and are left with the wood case, we have a place in my town, Construction Junction, that sometimes takes the wood cases because people who want to do flea market flip type projects like them if they are in nice shape. Or, you may have a store like a Habitat for Humanity resale shop in your town where you can donate and take the tax credit. You can find potential places to donate through google under furniture donation or furniture reclaim store.

I hope this gives you some good food for your next steps.

I can't for the life of me figure out what this is worth. It's been in my family for 4 generations. It is a Symphonic record player, model 148-33T, but the actual record part is a Garrard model 1025. It is a stereo with an 8-track as well. Photos attached any info would be very helpful!!

Answers

Turntable part is worth about $200. The furniture would be extra.

Worth of a record player.

Step 1
I searched E-Bay your item is not there.

Step 2
You can go on list what you wanted and they will make sure they e-mail it to you when it becomes available.

Your console may be more valuable than some as you have a very good brand of record player as well as an 8-track player.

• There are quite a few console record players listed on eBay but I did not see any record of a Symphonic player but I did see a set with a Garrard player.
  • https://www.eba  io-/201667241990
  • You can find a lot of different brands of consoles listed on eBay but the one thing you will have to note: almost all sets are "pick-up-only" which means they are too costly to ship.
  • This also means a buyer would most likely live within a few miles of your location and this limits the number of potential buyers to a very small number.
  • You can try and get an official appraisal but that would be for insurance purposes as very few actual sales meet an appraisal price/value.
  • Here are some links for similar consoles presently listed on eBay. Note that asking prices run from $50 to several thousand and the brands and condition also widely varied.
  • http://www.ebay  le-record-player
  • https://www.eba  ole&_sacat=0
  • Here is a link that shows consoles that sold and these prices and brands vary also.
  • https://www.eba  d=p2045573.m1684
  • Here is a link to a company that sells consoles and you may find something similar in their listings. They also appraise consoles but you can email them and ask for a quote.
  • https://www.aud  om/vintage-audio

If you wish to sell and are unable to find anything similar I would suggest you take a lot of photos and list it on eBay for several thousand dollars and see if you receive any inquiries - you can continue listing for several months (listing is not expensive but selling fees can run to 13% of the selling price).

If a value only is what you are looking for then you may need to pay for an official appraisal.

I have a 1947 Truetone d2604 record player. The unit still works, but is missing the needle. The cabinet is in good shape with a small water spot on the top. Any ideas as to a value?

I'm looking for a general estimate of value. I know that the record player does need a needle, but otherwise, everything looks good.

Answers

The prices vary from $100 to over $500 on eBay.

The cabinet isn't in the best of conditions and the record player needs a needle. You can probably get around $75 to $150 if you sell it like it is now.

I have a True Tone vintage coffee table record player with a certificate of authenticity. It works great and is in very good condition. I can't seem to find anything similar to compare it to so I know how much to ask for. Thank you.

Answers

One sold for $90 on eBay in 2014.
https://www.eba  5s-/221433695831

There not worth anymore than 100 dollars on E-Bay.