Finding the Value of Antique Record Players

Category Antiques
Some antique record players are rare and, if they are in good condition, can be valuable. This is a guide about finding the value of antique record players.

This is a guide about finding the value of a Caphart record player. Caphart record players date back before the Depression and forward several decades. The value of any individual player will depend on age, condition, and rarity.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Does anyone know how much this cabinet record player is worth? It has been in the family for a while now.

Answers

Best Answer

If this is still in good working condition and both the radio and record player are working you unit is worth $180 to $250. However, if the record player or even the radio aren't working, then the until will only sell for $50 to $75.

I have a Harmograph type H5135 working talking machine. I cannot find out how much it is worth. My intention is to sell it.
Regards.

Answers

Best Answer

I only found out from this website that it was $113 in the first year of its sale www.radiomuseum.org/.../harmograph_h5135s.html

I would contact a dealer or www.radiomuseum.org for their help.

I have a Pathe record player. Is it worth something?

Answers

Best Answer

Ive seen them on eBay for $300-$500

Would anyone be able to tell me how much this is worth? It is in excellent working condition.

Thanks! :-)

Answers

You need to know the manufacturer and the model number to make any kind of estimate as to its worth.

Anonymous

Hitachi

Not a lot of people will buy these today. However, there are many different ones listed online.

In order to give you the best price who made this? Do you know about how old it is and if all the components are working?

Not sure exactly how old it is, id say esrly 90s & it's manufactured by Hitachi model is T-55L. Still in great working condition & speakers that are with it also work great.

it's manufactured by Hitachi model is
T-55L

I own a RCA Victor record player/stereo. The speakers go up top with speaker covers, not included, (where the DVDs are stored). The record player goes in middle drawer (not included). 2 other drawers pull out as well. It is very heavy. It has the RCA Victor logo. How much is this particular piece worth?

By Tina

Answers

1961 RCA Victor Danish modern cabinet

I have several vintage Soundesign stereo consoles from the Classic Collection Series. These are still in factory boxes, unopened. Most all the model #s are none existent on the web. But also, some of these boxes say "Sample" on them.

I also have several of the table top receivers. Am/Fm receiver with single or dual cassette and/or 8 track player, some with recorder. Some have speakers that go with them. If any better pics would help, just ask.

Thank you very much for your time, and any help or info is much appreciated!

Answers

There are listings of this brand on eBay. Follow for a few weeks and you will get a feel for what they are selling for.

I have had very good luck selling pieces like this and when I have sold them they go for anywhere from $30 to several hundred dollars depending on a few things....

1. They have to be tested and make sure they work (which if they are new in the box, you would assume, but I have had them where they dry rotted inside being on the shelf) and don't work. That said, people do still like them for parts for what is left.

2. You have to list them when there are no others online to get the maximum value, as it is all about supply and demand. You want to list when the supply is low and you are seeing identical ones in the sold section of eBay.

3. Shipping these is a bear and I have had them get damaged in shipping, which is why I no longer will sell them online (they boxes get tossed around and they either don't work when they get there or are totally smushed).Sadly you get much less at the flea or yard sales for these...so the PO has kinda ruined it for me.

Like Judy said, keep checking back to eBay to see the SOLD values..never use current asking price to value yours...sold tells you what people are paying.

This is one (NOT ONE OF MINE) that may be in what you have that sold for $50 plus shipping www.ebay.com/.../123183041154?hash=item1cae480a82...

Good luck with them! What a great find!!!

There are many people who love to collect these older units. I see them listed online from $30 to $80 depending on the condition. If you sell them with the speakers you should be able to ask around $80 to $100 for each unit. Just keep in mind the shipping cost and the supply and demand. They might take a bit of time to sell, but you can lower the price if needed.

I purchased this record player console at an estate sale over 5 years ago. It worked back then and only needed a new needle, but I've had it in storage ever since and can't guarantee that it still does. The stereo is a Bogen and the record player is a Garrard. Anyone know how much it's worth? The finish is quite unique so I'm not sure if it's a custom job.

Thank you!

Answers

You need to test this item to see if it is working. Then look at these brands for a month or so on eBay to see what working and non-working items actually sell for. Then you will know how much to price yours

I have a variety of suggestions as I have seen these things sold a variety of ways.

If you are handy, you may do better to take it apart and sell the stereo pieces for parts (working or non working, you can often sell them especially on eBay).

I don't know if this receiver is an exact match, but there was one that fetched quite a bit recently:

www.ebay.com/.../263539075175?hash=item3d5c272867...

The record players only have unsold versions in the completed, but I think they were asking too much (high 50s) and would have probably sold them if they dropped the price. You may want to check back every few days and look at the SOLD auctions to see what an exact match to yours fetches.

The wood case is the wild card here as most people want no parts of them because they are big and heavy. The caveat for this is look for a marking on the wood (back, underside, inside somewhere). Some of the better brand furniture (the Stickleys and Henkel Harris of the world) are of value. This piece has some neat mid century modern lines which people love right now...so there may be someone interested in it.

These are NOT matches...but just to give you an idea of what people are paying for what is out there (it is all over the place when they sell)

www.ebay.com/.../253547042551?hash=item3b0894d6f7...

www.ebay.com/.../112901236528?hash=item1a49702730...

If you want to sell the whole thing as a package, look around the paper, Pennysaver, Craigs List, Facebook Marketplace and see what people in your area are asking for them and then set your price for 10% less.

If you take it apart and are left with the wood case, we have a place in my town, Construction Junction, that sometimes takes the wood cases because people who want to do flea market flip type projects like them if they are in nice shape. Or, you may have a store like a Habitat for Humanity resale shop in your town where you can donate and take the tax credit. You can find potential places to donate through google under furniture donation or furniture reclaim store.

I hope this gives you some good food for your next steps.

If you live in a large city (such as Atlanta) you may be able to sell the complete console - working or not working but it may be difficult if you live in a small community. The reason - shipping would be very costly so this should be a pick up only item.

• It would be best if you know what parts are working because that will always be the first question.
  • I believe you may realize more money if you break it down and especially if the Bogen stereo is working. But these still sell even if working is unknown.
  • The Garrard record player is not very rare and down not usually sell for much more than $30-$40 even if working as most people want a newer record player.
  • There is some value to just a console cabinet as this can be used (or made into) other things but it may take a while to sell it.
  • Most of these console cabinets listed for sale will be "pick up only" as the shipping/freight will be costly for this large an item.
  • Here is a listing for a cabinet that was listed by a new seller who, I'm sure, did not realize what they were showing as shipping cost and if they sell this item as listed they could be losing money - no matter where they ship it.
  • www.ebay.com/.../113077474321?hash=item1a53f15411...
  • Here are some listings that may give you an idea as to how to list if you decide to try and sell each piece.
  • www.ebay.com/.../401553987012?_trkparms=aid%3D222007...
  • www.ebay.com/.../273309670988?_trkparms=aid%3D222007...
  • Here is a link that shows items that actually sold and what people paid. I am not sure about how the age and condition any of these compare with yours.
  • www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_nkw=bogen+receiver&LH_Sold...
  • I believe if it were me trying to sell this unit, I would clean it up, check out as much as possible for working condition, take at least 5 or 6 good pictures and post it on local Craigslist, IOffer, 4Sale, LetGo and any other local selling site for $300-$400 dollars and keep it listed for at least 4-6 weeks and reduce it if no shows an interest.
  • I may finally have to take it apart, but, maybe not...

I'm looking for a general estimate of value. I know that the record player does need a needle, but otherwise, everything looks good.

Answers

The prices vary from $100 to over $500 on eBay.

The cabinet isn't in the best of conditions and the record player needs a needle. You can probably get around $75 to $150 if you sell it like it is now.

I have the same exact one but in mint condition, how much do you think it's worth. I can't seem to find it on the internet, this is the first time I've seen the same exact one.