Selling an Antique Bedroom Set

Category Antiques
If you have an antique bedroom set to sell there are many ways to do it. This is a page about selling an antique bedroom set.

I have an old bedroom set that belonged to my grandpa; its a hundred years old this year. It is in great condition. How would I find someone to buy it?

By Stacey from Phoenix, AZ

Answers

Best Answer

You should try local antique shops first.

On a cautionary note - it would not be wise to leave this set in a regular garage for a long period of time.

Best Answer

You could always try "Craigslist" and put it under "antiques". The advertising is free. It is a gorgeous set! Antique dealers have to make money on what they sell so you would be taking a loss on it if you sold it to an antique dealer, I would think.

Best Answer

Make sure to look up the name of the brand of bed. If you're in luck, there will be posts about them.

And get a couple quotes, take pictures with you of different angles. Good luck!

I have my grandparents antique bedroom set. I have no idea how or where to sell it. There's also a full size bed headboard and footboard with the same floral motif. All are in great condition.

Answers

It depends on who manufactured it, and what it is made of. There is not much demand for brown furniture where I live. Advertise it for $300 and see if you get any takers.

Hi. What a great set. Is it 1920s? My grandmother had a dining set that matched this and I want to say hers was somewhere between the 1800s and 1920s. My brother kept part and I have part of the set.

This is a French style--although I am not remembering which Louis style it is.

In some places these have still held their value and can fetch decent amounts (although the full size bed frame may drop the value a little--people today want larger beds which did not exist then).

Since I don't know where you are located, I would suggest shopping them around to an antique or vintage furniture dealer or an estate sale dealer who does buy outs and sell them that way.

I recommend getting 3 bids on it if you can and take the highest.

This is the easiest way to sell and you will get the most value. They will know how to price it for your area and you won't have to have people coming in and out of your house to look at it.

Post back with what you learn and how your sale goes! Thanks for sharing!

I'd like to sell this bedroom set. It was my grandmother's. It is solid oak and the bed is a double size. It was sold by Stripling Cox department store in Ft. Worth, Texas, but I'm not sure exactly when, however they went out of business in the 80s. The drawers of the dresser are dovetail construction and I've included a picture of the tag on the back of the headboard, but I dont think it will help much.

The room is small with bad lighting so the pictures are not as good as I would like so zooming in is suggested.

The bed has a headboard and footboard, but the room is small and I had trouble getting a good picture. Obviously it's sentimental, but I need to get as much as I can for it which will probably be much less than I think. It could do with a little refinishing on the top of the dresser, but I like the aging on the rest, just a bit faded in places. I haven't found anything like it online. I really appreciate any feedback you have.

Answers

Look underneath, in the drawers and on the back of pieces for identifying markings.

Brown furniture, at least where I live, is not in demand anymore. I have seen sets like this given away.

Consumer Advice Collectibles AntiquesJanuary 3, 2017
🎃