Selling Antique Stickely Furniture

Category Antiques
Antique furniture can vary widely in value, depending on the condition and rarity of the piece. Stickely is a well made and collectable brand of furniture. This is a guide about selling antique stickely furniture.

I have some antique Stickley dining room furniture for sale and am wondering how to go about selling it. I have it listed in Craiglist and even eBay without success. I have also tried to call several local antique dealers, but without interest. It's a nice set, but not very large.

Answers

Best Answer

None of the antique stores offered consignment? I think that's the way I would go if they aren't moving on eBay or Craigslist. They look nice, I would think you could find and antique furniture store that would be happy to try to sell those on consignment. You might ultimately get more selling them directly to someone but that's only if the right person materializes who values them.

Not one of the antique stores offered consignment. I just googled antiques in Indianapolis area. I talked to about six different places and a few outside of Indy. Can you make any suggestions on places I could contact. I also recently contacted Antique Advisors, but haven't heard back from them yet. Any suggestions would be helpful. I'm totally willing to do consignment if it get things moving along. Thank you.