BathroomHome Improvement

Changing a Push Button Toilet to Use a Handle

I have a toilet that has a push button on the side for flushing. I would like to make the push button flush into a handle flush (I have very little strength in my hands and fingers due to a neurological condition). It sounds simple but the mechanisms are very different. Has anyone had this problem before? How did you fix the problem ? Did you do it yourself or called a plumber? If you made the change yourself was it difficult? I am open to any suggestions or onions. Thanks in advance.

Helen from Central Illinois

Answers

How about using other parts of your body to activate the flushing, such as your elbow, hip, knee or foot?

Denise